Chapter 44: Karma

Previously on Meri Aashiqui...

"Shivaay..."
Annika whispered looking up from the gurney...

"I'm here Annika...trust me...everything will be alright...I won't let anything happen to you.."
Shivaay said smiling at her...

"I don't want anything to happen to you either...Shivaay...you are bleeding...you need to get yourself treated too..."
Annika said panicking...

"Somebody...please help him..."
Annika pleaded...

"I'll get myself treated once we get you checked ok...''
Shivaay said consoling her...

"Annika..."
He called her...

Annika cupped Shivaay's face...

"I love you Annika..."
He said kissing her hands lovingly..

"I love you too Shivaay..."
Annika whispered back to him...

"Annika please hold on to life for me..."
That was the last thing Annika heard before falling unconscious...

~~~~~~~~

Chapter 44
Karma

Shakthi sat outside the ICU where his son and daughter-in-law was in, staring at its door...His heart stopped when he heard that there was a chance that they might not even survive...

What was a father supposed to do when he hears that his child wouldn't survive...?

His son....his Shivaay...

Shivaay never was the one to throw tantrums even when he was a baby...He was reasonable, understanding, loving, and mature even as a kid...

Shivaay never asked for anything...He never demanded anything...He was a nurturer, a giver...

And as years went by everybody started forgetting that Shivaay was a person who had his own dreams too...nobody asked him what he wanted either...maybe Shivaay himself forgot that it was ok to demand something as well....it was ok to reach out to grab his own happiness...

How happy he had been when Shivaay found his happiness with Annika...

Shakthi remembered how happy Shivaay looked the day he got engaged to Annika...

"Shakthi ji...humara bacha..."
He felt a hand rest on his shoulders...
Disgust filled his entire being at the sight of his wife...

Shakthi Singh Oberoi laughed mockingly seeing the drama his wife was pulling...
"Shakthiji...why are you being like this...?"
Pinky cried...

"I'm so happy Pinky...can't you see...?we didn't let them live their lives together happily and peacefully...atleast in death they will be together..."
Shakthi said laughing looking at the ICU door...

"You know what Pinky...?All this years I couldn't stop thinking about that stillborn baby we lost...About how unfortunate it was for that kid to die even before he was born...but i see now...He got saved from the monsters like us...He was the fortunate one...And our Shivaay....our Shivaay turned out to be the most unfortunate one with you as his mother and me as his father...."
Shakthi said his voice breaking...

"Are you happy Pinky...?The woman you hated is fighting for her life inside that ICU...she would be gone soon...finished...dead...so are you satisfied...this is what you wanted right...?yeah...our son will be following her even in death too...a minor setback if you ask me..."

"They both will be dead soon...free from your clutches pinky...away from your scheming and planning..."

"They are going to die together and you can't do anything about it pinky..."
Shakthi said laughing hysterically...