Chapter 49: Shades

Previously on Meri Aashiqui....

"You can't leave me ok...ever....no matter what...if you do I'm going to bring you back from wherever you are..."
Shivaay said adamantly...

"Promise me...promise..."
He said poking her lightly on her side...

"Shivaay..."

"La...la...la...I'm not listening to anything....until you promise me..."
He whined holding his hands against his ears...

Annika smiled...
"You are such a baby Shivaay..."

"Promise...promise...promise..."
Shivaay repeated...

"Shivaay...First please listen to me..."
Annika said seriously...

"Nope...not going to fall for that..."
He said adamantly...

"Fine...I promise that I'll be there with you..."
Annika said to him finally...

Shivaay looked away crossing his arms across his chest pouting...

"Forever..."
Annika continued smiling...

Shivaay smiled hearing that and pulled Annika close...
"I'll hold you to that..."
He whispered to her...

****************
Chapter 49:
Shades

Annika stared with a smile at Shivaay who had wrapped his one arm around her and was doodling on her cast with a marker pen with the other...

The innocence oozing out of him at that moment was warming her heart...Was this how Shivaay was when he was young...?

But then again from what she had heard he didn't have such a good childhood...none of the Oberoi kids did...And things were really bad for Shivaay and Om as they had to step up for the sake of their siblings...

And worst for Shivaay, because being the heir of the Oberoi Industries had started to weigh down on him heavily...

Right now devoid of his usual powerful business tycoon/angry young man/tadibaaz demeanour Shivaay looked so peaceful and happy...

Noticing that Annika was staring Shivaay looked up and winked at her...

"Done..."
Shivaay said pleased with himself...
Proudly presenting his artwork to her...

Annika chuckled seeing the pictures Shivaay had drawn...
"It would be best if we leave art work to Om..you can't draw to save a life..."
She said to Shivaay...

Shivaay pouted making Annika chuckle...

"Vaise Shivaay, was it necessary...?"
Annika asked him smiling...

"Well, everybody got to sign in your cast...shouldn't I get to do it as well...pathi hoon mein tumara..."
Shivaay said seriously...

"You are so adorable sometimes..."
Annika said cupping Shivaay's face and smiling at him...

He took her hand in his and touched the promise ring on Annika's hand reverently...

A second life...that's what this was....

He shuddered remembering that day when he took an unconscious Annika to hospital...

How scared he was at that time both for her and him...
"Shivaay...?"
Annika called him worried seeing how tensed he was...

"Annika.. there was a point when I feared that I would never see you again...And i..."
He said painfully...

"Seeing you like that at the hospital...even I had lost all my hope..."
Annika confided...