Chapter 40: Promises

Chapter 40:
Promises (Part 1)

Annika placed her hands on Shivaay's waist and head on his chest she sighed contentedly..

The stars on the ceiling was illuminated making it seems like they were sleeping under the night sky...

Shivaay was lying with his eyes closed and she couldn't help but flick his nose with a smile...

"So javo..."
Shivaay said tugging on her waist softly and holding her exploring hands in his...

"Not feeling sleepy..."
Annika mumbled against his chest...

The truth was that even he wasn't...His mind was still churning because of the confrontation with his mother...

"Annika..."
He started after sometime...

"Hmm..."
Annika whispered...

"How did you know I was the one who messed up the lighter...?"
Shivaay asked Annika after some time....

Annika smirked...

"Oh..Khanna told you didn't he...?that little weasel..."
Shivaay muttered...
The seriousness with which Shivaay said that make Annika chuckle...

"I would have to talk to Khanna about this tomorrow..."
He said whining but there was a crack in his voice that made her look at him...

Silence ensued...

"What is it Shivaay...?"
She asked after sometime...

"Did he also tell you that...?"
That he was the one who made the advocate Annika hired for Sahil's adoption run away...

Shivaay asked looking into her eyes...

Annika nodded...
He sighed...

His thoughts went back to the day Annika had tried to adopt Sahil...It was right after she escaped after Daksh tried to hurt her...

She was so scared at that time that in case anything happened to her, Sahil would be an orphan...And she had enlisted him as the kid's co-guardian along with herself...At that time he was so happy and proud that Annika had trusted him with Sahil...

But that ended when Khanna confessed to him about the mess he had made in his 72 hour challenge...

The level of distress Annika was going through at the time of the adoption had made Khanna so guilty...And unlike his usual stance Khanna had let him know of the damage he had done by making the advocate Annika had hired for Sahil's adoption run away....

The truth was that at that time the only thing he wanted was to break Annika believing that she was the one who sold the pen drive containing Bade papa's scandalous confession to Svetlana...

And because of that, he hadn't even bothered to hear out what Khanna had tried to tell him back then...
Shivaay thought sighing...

Ever since he came to know that he was quite literally dying every day knowing the extent of the actions he did in his rage, seeing the pain Annika was going through when that money hungry bua of Sahil's has tried to cause so much trouble demanding humongous amount of money to sign the guardianship over to her...

Everyday Sahil's bua's demands started to become more difficult than the previous one...Especially because she knew she had an upper hand as she was related to Sahil and Annika was not...That woman knew she could extort so much money to keep her rich from Annika, now that Annika was his wife...

Also nobody would be able to prove how and what that woman was...which meant that there was a huge chance that the guardianship would go to her and not to Annika...