Chapter 11: New beginnings

Previously on Meri Aashiqui...

He saw Annika standing near the sink looking at a frangipani tree in the backyard....

"I love what you have done with the house Annika....it's beautiful..."
Annika nodded listening to Shivaay...

"Well...too bad no matter how hard I tried it could never be my home..."
She whispered...

"Are you ok Annika...?"
Shivaay asked her once they were alone...

"Yes...I'm...why do you ask Shivaay...?"

"You look exhausted..."
Annika looked up at Shivaay to see him watching at her concerned...

"When was the last time you had proper food or sleep...?"

What was she supposed to say to that question...?that it has been a while since she had a good sleep... and even when she did manage to get a shut eye she was being haunted by nightmares...?

"Well you know me...those are the two things I can't avoid ever..."
She said not meeting his gaze...

"How are you Shivaay...?"

"Well I have been better..."

Annika was about to reply when she was interrupted by the calling bell...

"I think it's the food we ordered..."
Shivaay said moving towards the living room...

"Shivaay...do you remember anything...anything at all...?"

"No..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 11

Annika sat up on the bed realizing that it was really futile trying to sleep...

The digital clock in the bedside table indicated that time was 1:00 am in the morning...

She had been twisting and turning for the past 2 hours trying to get a shut eye...and nothing was happening...

Grabbing her laptop, phone and work book she walked heading towards the balcony...

As she passed the living room she caught sight of Shivaay who was sleeping on the couch...

He looked like a baby while sleeping...

Her apartment had only one bedroom which Shivaay had insisted she and Gauri could share while he took the couch...

The couch wasn't that uncomfortable as she had bought it when it became really hard for her to sleep in the bedroom because of her nightmares...

She would usually sit on the couch working during night and pass out on it at some point in the dawn...

Setting the things she had brought on the coffee table she sat opposite him...

She was amazed as to how it filled the emptiness in her heart on just seeing him...

Shivaay turned in his sleep and the pillow fell down on the floor...

Annika went over to him and popped it back so that he was comfortable again...

Unable to control herself she ran her fingers through his sleep messed hair...while Shivaay leaned onto her holding her hands in his sleep...