Chapter 8: Mending broken hearts

Shivaay was in his office going through a financial investigation report for his next acquisition when his attorney walked into the room

Shivaay:"What is it Mr.Rana...?"

Rana:"Sir...The divorce papers..."

Shivaay:"What's wrong with you...I already told you I'll inform you when I want to..."

Rana:"Sir...Annika mam has send the divorce papers and she had signed it..."

CRASH....

Rana winced as coffee cup Shivaay was holding crashed to the floor it's content spilling out on the floor...

Shivaay:"She did...?"

Rana placed the file on the table and walked out of the room giving Shivaay the space...

Shivaay grabbed the file from the table and looked at the papers inside...

His eyes fell on the sign at the bottom...

Unable to handle the pain Shivaay closed the file and walked out of the office...
*****************
"Mam...it's done..."

"Good job Mr.Rana....you will get your 25 crore by tomorrow..."
***************
It was almost 6 in the evening when Annika checked her phone...

She had been busy with the Haldi ceremony of wedding she was organising...Having taken the last 2 days off  to go to Mumbai she was so worried that she lagging behind in the arrangements...

Plus her encounter with pinky today morning had left her reeling....She had thrown herself into her work to keep her mind off things...

81 missed calls...

She saw that Om, Rudra and Khanna had tried to contact her umpteen no. of times...

A sudden panic rose inside her...

She dialled Khanna's number...Who to her relief attended the call right after the first ring...

Khanna:"Mam...Shivaay sir is missing..."

Annika:"What are you saying Khanna...?"

Khanna:"Shivaay sir went out from the office at about 8 am in the morning...He was very upset..."

Khanna:"I...I tried to go after him mam....I swear I did....But even before I could catch up he drove off.... I  tried to follow him....But I...I lost him..."
He said upset that he had failed in protecting Shivaay sir...

Khanna:"When I reached there....his car was parked on the roadside...his wallet and phone both were in the car....And he was gone....We have tried everything we can to find him...But we have no idea where he is mam...."
His voice broke he narrated everything....