Chapter 4: Love and Lies

Shivaay's POV...

"apko mere NKK se problem thi na...jabki apke khud ke bhai Om najayaz hein..."

..the betrayal that Annika had given to him by using Om's truth...It wouldn't have hurt that much had it been anybody else...but Annika...She was...She was his wife...the only person he had let into his life other than his OmRu, Prinku, and Dadi...

That was a stab direct to his heart...

Shivaay:"Why Annika...?why did you do that...?"

Shivaay chukked his phone hard breaking it into pieces...

Jhanvi: "Don't do this to yourself Shivaay...please..."

Shivaay:"Badi Ma aap..."

Jhanvi:"Shivaay, you do realize that what happened that day doesn't matter to Om, Me or Tej..."

Shivaay:"It matters to me badi Ma...it matters very much to me...It was my fault...I should have realized it sooner..."

Jhanvi:"None of what happened that day was your fault Shivaay...neither was it Annika's...It was unfortunate that things had to be like that...but know this you haven't gone wrong about her...if it had hurt you that day to throw that divorce card on her...it would have hurt Annika more to use Om's issue on you that day...but she had no other choice that day..."

Jhanvi:"You know that I love you as much or even more than my love OmRu and Prinku...you are my son too...though I didn't give birth to you Shivaay...and I can't see you in pain...both of you...you both deserve a win...your love for each other deserves a win...call me romantic fool..."

******************

By noon Shivaay was confident about one thing...there was more to the story than what he was seeing...Because OmRu's and Badi Ma's love for Annika has only gone up...even after all that happened...

He may have been oblivious to all these because his mind was clouded with anger towards her...but the mere sight of her just melted away it all...Annika was suffering as much as or even worse than he was...

At least he had his family with him...Annika was all alone...

And now that the seed of doubt was planted in his mind...He couldn't rest until he found the truth...It wasn't easy confronting Badi Ma about the truth...nor was it easy to conduct a DNA test discretely...

Shivaay grabbed his keys...He had to meet someone...The person who had started it all in the first place...

Shivaay was about to move out of the Oberoi Mansion unnoticed when his mother called him...

Pinky:"Shivaay...you returned just now na...where are you going off to again...?"

Shivaay:"Mom...I have to go for an important meeting..."

Pinky:"Remember that girl I spoke to you about...Aliya...She..."

Shivaay:"Mom...stop doing this...I really have enough things to mess my brain other than worrying about some girl you throw at me out of blue..."

Pinky:"Betta...I'm concerned for you...I know how hurt you were when she left...thank god that syappa is over now...And  once you are finally Divorced...she Will be completely out of our lives...that filthy gold digger messing up my son's life...she...