Chapter 45: I'm only human

Previously on Meri Aashiqui...

"Shivaay is not well...please don't do this to me Shakthi ji...mera bacha is fighting for his...."
Pinky cried...

"Get out...GO AWAY FROM MY SIGHT BEFORE I GET YOU KICKED OUT..."
Shakthi said pushing her...

"Shakthi ji please...please don't do this to me when Shivaay is like this...."

'You are nothing but a criminal Pinky....I wouldn't let even your shadow to fall on my children from now on..."

"Security....SECURITY...this woman is creating nuisance here...please escot her out of the premises..."

"Make sure that she doesn't enter this hospital again until I say so...if she does then you can say good bye to your job..."
Shakthi ordered the security personnel before walking inside...

"Mam...please..."
The security asked Pinky...
Pinky looked back at the closing glass door of the hospital...

Without even sparing her a glance her husband had already turned to go back towards the ICU...

Pinky sat on the stairs of the hospital....

A memory came rushing into her mind...A memory of a woman who begged at her feet her to let her in so as to see her injured husband...

Pinky placed her head in her hands and cried her heart out...And this time nobody was there to hear her cry...

*****************
Chapter 45
I'm only human

I can hold my breath
I can bite my tongue
I can stay awake for days
If that's what you want
Be your number one
I can fake a smile
I can force a laugh
I can dance and play the part
If that's what you ask
Give you all I am

"Mrs. Oberoi, It's gonna hurt a bit..."
The elderly nurse who dressed her wounds said to Annika softly...

Annika laughed humorlessly hearing that...

"I'll try to be gentle ok...but it will hurt when I change the dressing and apply medicines it is going to sting..."

Annika simply stared at her wounds as the nurse cleaned the wounds and applied the medicines...

She reveled in the pain...At least there was something that her body felt other than the numbness she was feeling...

She didn't even flinch when the nurse scraped off the remains of the gauze from her wounds...

I can do it
I can do it
I can do it

"Let's see how much more can you take without breaking Annika..."
Destiny seemed to be asking her mockingly...

Though every cell of her body wanted to finally give up...She had promised to herself and to Shivaay that she would push herself forward no matter what...

And she would do just that...no matter what Destiny threw at her...

But I'm only human
And I bleed when I fall down
I'm only human
And I crash and I break down
Your words in my head, knives in my heart
You build me up and then I fall apart
'Cause I'm only human, yeah...

Annika clutched her heart to ease the pain she was feeling there...
What was a few physical wounds to do against that...?

Normally people cried like babies when this is done...but this woman, She didn't even let out a sigh...

The elderly woman thought looking at Annika and then at Gauri who was sitting beside her before she left the room with the medicine tray...

I can turn it on
Be a good machine
I can hold the weight of worlds
If that's what you need
Be your everything