Chapter 22: Demons

Previously on Meri Aashiqui...

Shivaay closed his eyes and took a deep breath....

"Mom....I don't understand why you aren't getting this....?Annika is my wife...She is my family...."

Pinky moved away as if shocked...

"I thought that you of all people would understand me..That you would want me happy...Did I mean anything to you other than being your ticket to prestige and power...?"
Shivaay asked Pinky sadly...

"Mom...let me tell you...Till now I didn't mind all the pressure that I had on me....I didn't mind the sacrifices I had to make as long as it was for my family....but I won't sacrifice Annika for the sake of being the Oberoi scion..."
He said walking away with Annika in his arms...
Tears were rolling down from her closed eyes...

"I'll be there for you Annika...no matter what happens..."
Shivaay thought as held Annika close to him...as if protecting her from all the world...

Annika snuggled closer to him and sighed peacefully...

********************
A/N: This chapter is dedicated to each and every brave people out there who had to go through or is going though their dark times and those who fought or are fighting their demons...
More power to you...

Chapter 22:

Annika was in dark place

She trembled at the darkness that was surrounding her...
Her whole body was hurting from the beatings she had received...

She curled up listening to people that were screaming at her from all around....

She tried to close her ears to stop the voices....

"Please...Please let me go...."
She tried to cry out...but no words came out of her mouth...
Tears rolled down her eyes...
But the voices of hatred grew louder and louder...

"God knows what sort of a mother she had...?"

"Seeing her I'm pretty sure that she would be nothing but a wh*** "

"Bad blood..."

"Don't call me father...I'm not your father...you are here as my wife needs help because of her bad health...and I can't afford to keep a nurse for her..."