Chapter 38.1 : Howling of the Heart (Part 1)

Previously on Meri Aashiqui...

"Annika you don't have to struggle so much trying to build your own business...you know that I can help you right...That time you didn't have to go to that Vikram in the first place...I could have helped you...I was right there with you...but you didn't ask me...you never ask me..."

"I know that you want to be successful being you...being sirf Annika...and I appreciate and respect you so much for that...but it's very hard see you struggle with multiple bank loans, money shortages and all that...especially when I can take care of it...."

Annika cupped Shivaay's cheeks...
"Shivaay...It's always been my dream to start an event management company...And I want to succeed too...apne dham pe...."

"I know how hard you worked to reach where you are now Shivaay...and I want to reach there too...through my hard work...I don't want to and I won't live of off your hard work...I'm not programmed that way...."

****************
Chapter 38.1
Howling of the Heart( Part 1)

The loneliest moment in someone's life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blankly.
~F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Annika...can you tell me about your sister...everything you remember about her...all the happy moments..."
The therapist asked smiling encouragingly at Annika...

They were at the hospital for therapy the next day after dropping Sahil off at the boarding....

Annika looked right into Shivaay's eyes at that and took a deep breath...

The worst part of holding the memories is not the pain. It's the loneliness of it. Memories need to be shared.

"She was very pretty....and had an innocent smile...and was very feisty..."

"She wouldn't sit still, not even for a second...How much I had to run behind her only God knows..."
Annika said smiling...

"I used to complain so much about it..."
She sighed...

"She always said that two of her favourites were me and also her worn out bunny toy....That toy was very ugly after she carried it around everywhere..."

"She used to love sweets so much...especially citrus flavoured tangy ones..."

"She was such a chantomai..."
Annika chuckled...

"Whenever we got chocolates at the orphanage she would gobble hers up at first and would give me puppy dog eyes when I was going to eat mine...I honestly could never resist that and would end up giving her my share as well..."
Annika said smiling...

"She was my little angel..."
Annika sighed...

~~~~~~~
"Didi...."
Annika turned to see that her chutki was running to her with a bouquet of wild flowers....

Reaching where she was, the little one stood on her tiptoes trying to reach here...

"Didi...didi...make me pretty..."
Laughing Annika pleated her chutki's hair and placed a flowers in the pleates and on the hair band...

"Didi...how do I look...?"
Chutki twirled holding the flakes of her dress looking innocently at her...

Annika smiled giving her little sister a thumbs up..
"Pretty...just like an angel..."

"I love you didi...You are the best.."
Chutki hugged her sister tightly...

"I love you too..."
Annika said hugging her little sister back...