Chapter 20 : Roses and Thorns

Previously on Meri Aashiqui....

"Tell me Annika...tell me the truth...please...tell me the truth..."
Shivaay asked her...

When Annika didn't say anything...Shivaay left her shoulders and turned to walk away from her...

But as he turned he felt a tug on his hands...

"She told me that you are illegitimate Shivaay...that you are Shakthi uncle's and Kamini's son...She blackmailed me saying that if I didn't leave you, she would tell you the truth...She told me that you would be broken and i..."

"She lied Shivaay...and I fell for it...I trusted her and ruined our relationship..."

"I'm a fool Shivaay...I'm a fool..."
Annika fell down on the ground crying...while Shivaay stood shocked trying to grasp everything he was learning....

*******************
Chapter 20

Shivaay's sat down on the floor besides Annika hugging her as she cried in his arms

"She lied to me Shivaay....and I believed her...You were hurt and in pain because I was stupid enough to believe her...I am sorry...I'm so sorry...I..."
Annika said sobbing...

After a couple of minutes she controlled her emotions and wiped her tears...she sat staring blankly at a spot in front of her without noticing what she was doing...

Shivaay kept rubbing her arm consoling her...

"Talk to me Annika...get it out of your system...it will really help...you don't have to keep all of it to yourself and suffer..."
When he realized that Annika was done he encouraged her a little...

"You will hate me when you know everything..."
Annika said softly unable to look at him...

Shivaay melted seeing her so vulnerable...

"No I won't Annika...I promise...Pinky promise..."
He said sticking his pinky finger out to her...

Annika chuckled through her tears seeing the innocence in his eyes and cupped his face...
"You are so adorable.."

She then joined her pinky finger with his and sighed...

"Pinky aunty never warmed up to me ever...I wouldn't blame her either because I'm not the perfect Oberoi bahu material..."

"Annika..."
Shivaay started...

"That's the truth Shivaay...denying it won't change the fact..."
She said in a matter of fact manner...