Chapter 65 🤨

John's P.O.V

"Mr McCartney! Mr McCartney!" A nurse was trying to calm him.

Paul was trembling and breathing fast. I was under the bed, and to be honest, I was trembling too. Trembling because if they caught me... I'd be in deep trouble.

"What's happening dear? Why are you so scared ?"

"Oh, hm, I felt someone put their hand on my head. As soon as I woke up I was pretty sure to have seen a face. But... no, forget it..."

"What is it dear ? Who have you seen ?"

"I... I thought I saw... hm... my friend, John... but no, that's gotta be a nightmare, that's all!"

"It probably was a nightmare, yeah. Visitors aren't allowed yet! You're probably really tired. Get some more sleep, okay?"

"Yes. Sure. Sorry for bothering you!"

"It's okay dear. We'll come back later!"

~~~~~~

I waited until the nurses left and got out from under the bed.

Paul was about to scream again, but I put my hand on his mouth.

"Hey! Calm down! It's me, John!"

"So, I wasn't dreaming. It really was you! Visitors are not allowed!"

"I don't care! Paul, we need to talk!"

"About what? The fact that you don't care about these poor guys being stuck in that horrible place? The fact that there're two insane people there? No, I don't wanna talk about this."

"I wanted to tell you, you don't know them, so why are you so preoccupied about what's gonna happen to them?"

"Oh, please..."

I could hear by the tone of his voice that he was annoyed and angry.

"Okay. You don't wanna talk? Fine. Get some rest then."

"Wait, where are you going?"

"Going home. I just wanted to talk and give you company. But apparently you're not in a mood for this."

"John! Wait! Please, listen to m..."

I slammed the door and got back home. This guy is so stubborn....

------------------------------------------------------------