Chapter 22 ❕

Paul's P.O.V

"You can stay at home a little more son, when you'll feel better you'll go back to school."

"I'm fine dad! Don't worry!"

"Can I stay then?" Mike said, apparently very annoyed by all of this.

"You're not sick nor injured right?"

"No dad, but"

"Then you're going to school! C'mon you'll be late!"

"Paul wasn't feeling that bad, yet he stayed here!"

"Mike, get in the car! School starts in 15 minutes!"

"Ugh, alright!"

Mike acted like an idiot. I know he did all of that just to skip school. He never fails to find an opportunity to stay at home. If he could stay everyday, he would.

~~~~~~~~

Back to school. Everyone was looking at me in the corridors. Some were laughing, some were whispering stuffs.

"Oi, you're back son! I'm so glad!"

"Hi John! Dad told me to stay at home more but I refused" I had a huge smile on my face. I was so happy to see him.

"Oww, I see. But if you still feel bad you could've stayed at home!"

"I'm fine, Jo..."

My smile didn't last long. My heart almost skipped a beat. I heard a laugh that was familiar. An horrible laugh.

It was Stu. He didn't notice me at first. He was talking to some random girls. He had dark bags under his eyes. Poor guy is tired.

Then he saw me.

His look changed. He was looking very angry. It's like he wanted to jump and attack me.

"Woohooo Paaauuul!"

"Oh, huh, I'm sorry John. I was thinking about something."

"Might be something scary then. You're as pale as a ghost. Are you sure you're okay? C'mon let's go see the nurse. I don't want you to pass out here."

"I'm fine, I swear. I just need to drink some water."

I couldn't tell this to John, but I was scared that Stu would beat me up again. 

------------------------------------------‐-------------------