Chapter 32 🥴

Paul's P.O.V

Wow. John can drink alcohol ?! The waiter didn't even ask for his age.

"Told ya! I can order as much alcohol as I want!"

"Hm, I see!" I wonder what alcohol tastes like.

The waiter came back with our drinks. I ordered a pineapple cocktail. One of my favorites.

"So... hm... I wanted to thank you..."

"Thank me?"

"Yeah, for the phone! That's really nice of you, and..."

John placed his hand on mine.

"You don't have to thank me! It's okay! I felt so bad for what happened to you the other day. Are you okay?"

"Yes... why?"

"You're all red!"

"Oh, that! Don't worry, I'm fine!"

The night passed quickly. We ordered our food (John ordered burgers and fries, I ordered fried rice.) John drank a loooot of beers, so many that he started talking weirdly.

"John? I think you had drank too many beers for today."

"I'm GoOd PaUlIe! HeY! WaItEr! A bEeR!"

"No John! Enough is enough! Let's pay and go home!"

John ran next to the bar and started saying nonsense to the barman. The barman then looked at me with eyes that said "goodluck to bring him home."

I was so embarrassed.

"Please, John. Let's go home! It's late!"

"5 mOrE mInUtEs!"

"No, now!"

"OkAy, mUm."

It was a NIGHTMARE to go back home. He passed out, so I had to carry him and take him to his house.

There were no one on the streets, I was scared that Stu and his friends would be there. I knocked on the door, and was welcomed by a lady, that I thought was his mom.

"Hello? What happened to John?!"

"Hello madam, huh, John drank too much."

"And what did he drink?"

"Beer... I told him to stop but it was no use."

"Ugh... I see. Come on in. We'll put him on the couch."

Then she told me that she was her aunt and that she is the one who takes care of him. Her name is Mary, just like my mom. But she told me to call her Mimi. That's a cute nickname.

It was getting late and, Mimi proposed to drive me home. She probably saw that I was becoming anxious about going home alone. Maybe John told her about what happened to me.

~~~~~~
I got home safe. Dad was fast asleep on the couch, so that was good. Mike asked me how the "rendez-vous" was. I was too tired to reply so I fell asleep on his bed.

------------------------------------------------------------