Chapter 56 🚪

Paul's P.O.V

I woke up covered in sweat. I had a nightmare. I dreamed that everyone didn't want me anymore. That they hated me. I dreamed that John didn't want to be my boyfriend. That dad and Mike didn't want me to get back home. That Wilson was forcing me to stay in this center for my entire life.

When I woke up, I had tears in my eyes.

I badly want to see John and my family. I can't live like this anymore.

So, I decided that I would run away.

I found that there was a secret door under the kitchen's bench.* I actually discovered it by accident, last night, around 11 p.m., when I was looking for something to eat (since I don't eat that much lately).

When I laid my arm on the bench, I noticed that I could feel a cold wind underneath. It was so weird so I just raised the bench, like I knew I had to do it. And there it was, a little door leading to the backyard.

Then I would just climb the fence and run.

The only moment I can do this, is at night. When no one sees me. And when that asshole is asleep. God I hate this man.

"Good morning Paul!"

Holy shit

"G'morning assh... Wilson."

"Are you okay? You are covered in sweat."

"Yeah, I had a nightmare that's all."

"About what? I hope it wasn't about me!"

I looked at him with confusion. This man is so weird.

"Oh, huh, no."

"Great! Well, you should hurry, there're pancakes and waffles for breakfast! If you take your time you'll miss them."

"Okay, I'll go eat."

~~~~~~~~~
"What do you want to eat? Pancakes or waffles?" A old lady that was honestly looking like the witch in Snow-White asked me. She seemed very mean.

"Pancakes."

"How many? Two, four, six?"

"Only one."

"IT'S TWO OR MORE OR NOTHING! YA HEAR MEEE?"

Ewww, some of her saliva landed on my forearm. Plus she doesn't have to scream like that, I'm right next to her.

"No need to scream like that, madam. I'm just next to y-"

"YOU DON'T TALK TO MEEEE LIKE THAT! INSOLENT MAN! SIT DOWN. YOU'RE NOT GETTING ANY PANCAKES."

"I didn't do anything wrong, I jus-"

"Paul. It's no use. Sit down. Before you get in trouble." Jeremie was trying to calm me."

I sat next to him. My stomach was growling... I think Jeremie heard, because he offered me his waffle.

"Here, eat it. It's not pancakes, but it's pretty good."

"Oh, you don't have to Jeremie. It's okay."

"Eat Paul. I can't stay here and watch you without nothing in your plate.

Please accept it."

"Thank you so much!" He was right, that witch made succulent waffles.

I hesitated about telling him for the secret door.

How would he react ?

-‐--------‐‐-‐----‐----‐-‐‐-‐--‐‐-‐-‐-----------------------------
Hello! I'm sorry for not posting that

much lately. I'm very busy these days.

*there's was a tiktok video where someone finds a secret passage under their kitchen bench. Oh, and I don't know if it's the good word, in french we say "paillasse".