Chapter 44 😰

Paul's P.O.V

I'm so happy that John's out of jail. But at the same time, it makes me really anxious. I know that he just wants to see me. But with dad reacting this way, I'm scared that something tragic would happen.

"Paul. We need to talk."

"About what? If this has something to do with John, then no."

"Listen. This guy is seriously dangerous. Have you seen what he did to your teacher?"

"Mr Roberts insulted him! It's normal he reacted like that!"

"No Paul. When you are well mannered, you don't-"

"Then you're not! You threatened him!!"

Dad slapped me right on the cheek. I looked at him in disbelief. I couldn't believe what he just did.

"Respect your father okay? I'm doing all of this for you! To protect you!"

It was too much. I couldn't take it anymore.

"I DON'T NEED YOUR FUCKING PROTECTION!!! YOU KEEP ME HERE LOCKED IN THE HOUSE!! NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO COME SEE ME!! DO YOU THINK IT'S NORMAL ?!"

My voice was becoming raspy because I screamed so much.

Mike came in and was trying to calm me. It was no use. I was still very upset. With rage, I broke the mirror that was on my desk. I threw my blankets and pillows on the floor. I was hysterical.

~~~~~~~~~~~
A few hours later, I was calmed. Dad gave me a warm chamomille tea to help me relieve the stress, although I'm not sure it worked.

He apologised too. I was still mad at him though.

My annoying little brother wasn't too far, I could feel it.

"Get out of here Mike."

"Oops. But hey, dad's ri-"

"Don't start annoying me. Before I throw my tea at you."

"I just wanted to say that John's maybe not a good boyfriend. You saw what he did to Mr Roberts ? The poor man lost 3 tooths and has a broken nose!"

"He said homophobic stuffs. He deserved it."

"Well yes, but at the same time, don't you think that he went too far ? John I mean."

"No he didn't."

"You're only saying that because you love him."

"Not only that, but that man was so mean! Now leave me alone!"

"Mm. Sure."

I was lost in my thoughts. Then something came to my mind. Something that I absolutely needed to tell dad.

I need to tell him about John's and I relationship. I can't keep this a secret any longer. He's gonna freak out, and probably react badly. But I have to do it.

------------------------------------------------------------
Honestly, I'm not particularly proud of this chapter :/
Tell me what you think tho! 😊