ARC 2.9

"The entertainment industry may have some people that are clean, but there are more that are unclean. If it is love then it would normally lead to a relationship. However, some people just like messing around without talking about feelings. He is the type that uses his body as part of a transaction As long as it is helpful to him he'll sleep with someone no matter what kind of person they are."

"He...with so many people?"

"I don't know exactly how many people he has done this with. I know only a few. He joined the current company only after he had sex with their chairman. Afterwards is when he was signed."

"The chairman of Jinyu Entertainment?" Tao Yuan searched for the information in his mind.

"He was more than sixty back then, but he should be over seventy now." Zheng Xuanlin said, "Right after he rolled off the old man's bed he came to confess to me. He said that he was thinking of me when he was doing it with that man. He told me to be with him, because he would find a way to introduce more resources to me after he comes to Jinyu."

"How did you feel at the time?" Tao Yuan asked with a bit of amusement. Zheng Xuanlin's true background is very clear to him. Young Master Zheng doesn't need others to introduce resources to him at all. His family is the source of resources.

"Can I feel anything besides nausea?" Zheng Xuanlin shook his head. "I really don't understand his thinking. If I really promise to be with him... does someone who can tolerate his lover exchanging his body for benefits really love the other person?"

"Then why did he get married?"

"He didn't want to film anymore. Although he made money quickly, it is too hard and tiring. He thought it would be more comfortable to marry into a rich family. His husband acts like a gentleman outside. However, everyone in the business world knows that he has violent tendencies. He has been divorced twice because of domestic violence. Cheng Yi was able to marry him and wait two years before deciding to divorce."

"...Does he have a psychological problem?" Tao Yuan guessed, "I think he might need to see a psychiatrist."

"..." Zheng Xuanlin was silent for a while and said, "I advised him to see a psychologist. I also introduced him to a well-known psychologist, and he really went. He did have a serious psychological problem. The doctor said that he must receive psychotherapy for a long time. But Cheng Yi was unwilling to go to a psychologist in order to prove that he was fine. In addition to psychological problems it was also his own choice. As a friend, I tried to to help him, but it was no use. He just wants to do whatever he wants. There was nothing I could do about it."

"Did you like him?" Tao Yuan looked at him, "Even if you really liked him before, I won't mind. After all, it was before we met. What matters is that you like me now and won't just change your heart."

Tao Yuan doesn't care if Zheng Xuanlin really liked Cheng Yi, because the system had said that his lover's soul always follows him. So even if he liked Cheng Yi, that was the previous Zheng Xuanlin. It wasn't the current Zheng Xuanlin with his lovers soul.

"I'm pretty sure, the only person I've fallen in love with is you." Zheng Xuanlin squeezed his hand and said, "I really didn't like him to the extent that I like you. It was purely appreciation. But after I got to know him even that appreciation disappeared cleanly. He clearly had the talent, but he just wanted to take a shortcut. He refused to move forward with his own strengths. Everything was his own choice, so he can't blame others."

Tao Yuan was a little distressed. The original owner did not have any deep hatred for Cheng Yi nor was he the object of revenge. However, if he wanted to rob Zheng Xuanlin from himself, Tao Yuan would never give in. If he competes fairly, then they will each move forward based on their own ability. If he dares to use tricks to harm him, then Tao Yuan will teach him how to behave.