ARC 3.5

One month later, He Liyuan was discharged to recuperate at home. The speed of his recovery was amazing. Even the doctor was shocked, but they all thought it was because of his personal physique.

The He family was very happy that He Liyuan was finally able to go home. He Huaimin and his wife asked the doctor whether it was possible for He Liyuan to return to the army.

The doctor shook his head regretfully and said, "I am afraid that this is impossible. At first, we all thought that he could not even sit up. Judging from his current recovery status, if he actively receives treatment and rehabilitation, after a few years  it will be possible to walk on crutches. However, he won't be able to walk like a normal person or vigorously exercises."

He Huaimin frowned with a face full of melancholy. His son's military career was over. If he found out, he would have a hard time accepting this.

Su Lan also knew that because of her son's personality, he might suffer for a lifetime if he could no longer be a soldier.

"Liyuan can survive. We should be thankful if he can walk around in the future. For other things, let's not force it." Su Lan looked at He Huaimin, comforting herself and her husband.

The two guards worked together and lifted He Liyuan into the wheelchair. He felt much better when he thought of being able to finally go home.

Seeing his parents walk in, He Liyuan noticed that his mother's reluctant expression and red eyes. He was discharged from the hospital and would be able to go home today. His mother should be very happy.

"What did the doctor say?" He Liyuan looked at his father. His father was always straightforward. While his eyes were filled with sadness and regret, He Liyuan knew that his father would not deliberately hide anything from him.

"Let's talk about it after we get home." Su Lan knows her husband won't lie to his son. He will feel that as a man he must bear what he should bear. But she feels that if it would be better if they can delay it for a while.

"Dad, what did the doctor say, am I unable to stand up anymore?" He Liyuan looked at his father and asked again. He knew from the doctor's words that he was unlikely to recover.

"The doctor said that as long as you actively cooperate with the treatment, there is still the possibility of standing up, but..." He Huaimin hesitated a little, and finally said vaguely, "It's just that in the future, you can no longer do strenuous exercise."

"So...I can't go back to the army, can I?" He Liyuan himself asked what his father could not say. He clenched his fist tightly. His heart was struck by lightning. The meaning of his life has been lost. What is the difference between being alive or dying?

Tao Yuan stood to the side, looking at the sad and depressed atmosphere, but couldn't say that he could help He Liyuan get well. They definitely won't believe him no matter what he says now. Who would choose to listen to the words of a self-taught Chinese medical practitioner over a doctor? 

After returning to He's house, in order not to worry the old lady, they all worked hard at showing a very happy face. He Huaimin and He Liyuan only had one expression all year round. It's difficult for others to guess his thoughts when he doesn't want to share them. 

He Liyuan finally went home. The old lady was very happy. She held Tao Yuan's hand and wanted thank him for helping He Liyuan wake up by giving Tao Yuan the treasure at the bottom of her box. Tao Yuan didn't want to accept it, but Su Lan also persuaded him, saying that it was the old lady's wishes. So he could only put it away.

After dinner, He Liyuan talked with his father and grandfather in the study for a long time before returning to his room to rest.

He's house covers a large area. In addition to the front lobby, there are five two-story buildings. He Liyuan lives in the middle building. His room was originally on the second floor, but it was inconvenient to get on and up in a wheelchair. After returning, he lived on the first floor.