ARC 3.12

Li Yiyue put the porcelain jar on the table and opened it. She poured the soup inside the jar into a bowl, and said to Wen Han, "It's still a bit hot, so let's wait to drink it soon. Mom made it for you."

Wen Han walked over to smell it. Then he took a sip, thinking of his mother's heart. He would reluctantly drink it even if it doesn't taste good, but it tasted really weird. 

"What kind of soup is this?" Wen Han asked with a frown.

"It's soup that can make you pregnant quickly. I specifically looked for someone to get this recipe from. Drink it soon." Li Yiyue urged.

"Mom, can you stop making trouble?" Wen Han pushed away the soup and said helplessly, "I have only been married for a few months, not a few years. What are you worried about?"

"This soup is very nourishing. Even if you don't drink it for the purpose of getting pregnant, it can nourish your body."

"It's more harmful for my body if I take too much. Besides, you know that I've hated drinking Chinese medicine since I was a child. How can I drink it with such a strong taste of Chinese medicine?"

Li Yiyue sighed and said, "Mom didn't want to force you, but she was also anxious for you."

"People have been married for several years before they have children. I have only been married for a few months, so what should I worry about?"

Li Yiyue hesitated, and finally decided to say "Haobo's mother called me a few days ago, saying that you are too cold towards Haobo. Newly married couples are not as distant as you are."

"Damn it! She's so fucking good. She actually came to the door to find you, telling you when I'm not here." Wen Han curled his lips.

"She will come to tell me because she doesn't want to fight with you as a mother-in-law, so she wants me to persuade you." Li Yiyue said, "Haobo is your husband. It should be alright if you're more kind to him and more concerned about him."

"I've always been like this since I was a kid, and Aunt Lan has never forsaken me for being not enthusiastic enough for people." Wen Han also felt very wronged in his heart.

"You are obsessed with He Liyuan. Everyone can tell. If you had half that attitude towards Haobo, your mother-in-law would not come to me and say this."

"Then what can I do?" Wen Han said, "I can't control who I like or dislike."

"But you are are not married to him, so it's useless for you to be infatuated with him." Li Yiyue thought of the scene she saw just now and said to him, "He Liyuan's daughter-in-law is now working in your hospital?"

"He was invited by the dean many times, and he enjoys various special treatments. He only needs to come for two days a week to receive his salary and bonus." Wen Han could not tell what his mood was. He had never been jealous before, but now, someone who made him extremely jealous appeared.

When Li Yiyue heard what he said, her heart felt uncomfortable as if it was blocked. She gritted her teeth and said, "You are a doctor by your own ability. He is just relying on the prescription left by his grandfather not his own ability. Let's not compare ourselves with them and just live our lives well."

"Mom, go back. I want to rest for a while. I have to take the long night shift tonight." Wen Han said.

"You promise mom first that you will treat Haobo better in the future. At least behave in front of your mother-in-law, okay?"

"Okay, I know. I will try my best to show concern for him." Wen Han said impatiently.

"Then mom is leaving, take a good rest."