ARC 3.18

Tao Yuan sat on the bed in a daze, when He Liyuan came in with water. He Liyuan helped Tao Yuan take off his shoes and socks, then put his feet in the water.

"How is your investigation? When will you start?" Tao Yuan asked suddenly.

"You have to block them in order to fight. Now we can't even meet them, so it's hard to fight." He Liyuan said, "Those bandits are very cunning, and they are more familiar with the environment here than we are. They have great skill in escaping and hiding."

Tao Yuan nodded, "They grew up on this mountain. Naturally they are better equipped to rely on this mountain to protect themselves."

"But this is only temporary. Now all the exits are blocked. It's basically impossible for them to leave this mountainous area. It's just a matter of time before we find them."

"But those that can survive in the mountains won't live very well." Tao Yuan said, "The cultural relics hidden they hide must be found, so you can't kill them, and have to take some alive. The task this time is really not easy."

"Our most important task is to capture King Shanjia, the bandit leader, alive. The people under him may not know the place of the Tibetan cultural relics, but he must know." These words were not a secret. It is likely King Shan Jia himself has guessed this, so it's ok for He Liyuan to share the information with Tao Yuan.

"The King of Pangolin?" Tao Yuan said, "Do you mean the King of Pangolin?"

"Yes, I heard from the militia that he can walk through this mountain at will and nothing can stop him. As long as he enters the mountain, others will never be able find him. Not only is he fierce and rough, but he is also very resistant to torture. Even if we catch him, it won't be easy to get him to talk."

"Really?" Tao Yuan smiled and said, "If you can catch him alive, let me meet him. He won't be able to hold on for ten minutes. I will make him to say all the things he doesn't want to say."

"Really?" He Liyuan looked up at him.

"I can not only prepare medicines that saves people, but also medicine that tortures, and even medicine that make people delirious. There are so many poisonous insects and weeds here that it's better for me to use local materials."

He Liyuan helped him dry his feet and put them on the bed. Then he took off his ow shoes and socks and put his feet in the water. "Then you prepare the medicine first, and I will catch him as soon as possible."

"You don't need to be as fast as possible. It's better for you to catch him steadily. Don't be too hasty and focus on your own safety." Tao Yuan told He Liyuan seriously. Then he wrapped the quit around himself.

"I know, I will be careful. I'll live with you all my life, so I can't bear to die." He Liyuan said.

"You are not allowed to talk about it in the future." Tao Yuan was not happy. Being a solider is a high-risk occupations, and he didn't like to hear He Liyuan talk about death.

"Okay, I won't talk about it again." Seeing that he was upset, He Liyuan hurriedly coaxed him.

After He Liyuan went to bed, Tao Yuan nestled in his arms and soon fell asleep too.

In the middle of the night, the system in Tao Yuan's mind suddenly rang. Only when his life is in danger will the system make a sound to alert him. Tao Yuan opened his eyes abruptly and caught a subtle scent. It doesn't smell like anything and for ordinary people it would be hard to distinguish from the smell of plants. 

"Brother Liyuan, get up!" Tao Yuan pushed He Liyuan.

"What's wrong?!" He Liyuan immediately sat up.