ARC 3.16

He Liyuan piggybacked Tao Yuan all the way up the mountain. He only put Tao Yuan down when they got to the camp.

Tao Yuan used a handkerchief to wipe off his sweat "Thanks for your hard work."

"It's not hard work, I'm not tired." He Liyuan looked at him and said, "There may be poisonous insects and snakes on the mountain. Don't walk around. There is an abandoned temple over there that the Soldiers are cleaning up. After it is cleaned up, we will give it to you. If you live with your medical team, and someone is injured later you can easily be found there. However, you can also sleep with me at night."

"You don't have to worry about me." Tao Yuan said with a smile, "If the poisonous snakes and venomous insects see me, they will definitely run away. But I have medicine, and I will never let them escape. I will catch them all and take them back to soak in wine."

"You..." He Liyuan felt even more uneasy when he heard this. He said seriously, "Let them run away. Don't catch them. If they bite you, it will hurt even if they are not poisonous."

"I got it." Tao Yuan promised, "you go and do your job, and I'll take a look at the temple."

He Liyuan nodded, then turned and left to deploy the battle plan.

Tao Yuan walked into the temple by himself. When the soldiers who were cleaning saw him, they all greeted him. He smiled and nodded to them.

Although this temple is not big, it is not very small. There are several rooms behind the main hall, and there is a small courtyard in the middle.

Tao Yuan was sitting on the stone bench in the middle of the yard to rest. He was thinking that after the bandits were wiped out he must take some time to gather herbs to cultivation. Although artificially planted herbs are not as effective as wild herbs, it's better than nothing. If there were herbs that were planted back then, the original owner's mother would not have died.

After the medical team came up, they sprayed disinfection and insect repelent everywhere in the temple. Although the conditions on the mountain are difficult, since it is a place for medical treatment the sanitation must be done well.

The next day, the Wolf Squadron went up the mountain with supplies and ammunition, and camped on the other side of the temple. The two squadrons were guarding the two roads going up and down the mountain, and the medical team was protected in the middle.

The soldiers brought Tao Yuan's boxes over. These boxes are heavier, but the contents are very important. Tao Yuan wanted to bring back some medicinal herbs, poisonous insects, and snakes. He couldn't put them all in the seperate space, or it would be really suspicious. He had to rely on the contents of the box to pack them.

After opening one of the boxes and taking out a few things, Tao Yuan locked the box again and then walked out.

The local militiamen would send them some food and meat every two days. They sent a few sheep to the soldiers out of good intentions, but the soldiers eat in the canteen in the army. You really can't count on them to know how to cook. The smell of the lamb soup they made yesterday went straight to his head, and Tao Yuan couldn't eat it at all.

In order not to waste the remaining two sheep, Tao Yuan was ready to cook it himself.

There originally had four left, but they split them in half with the Wolf Squadron.

The soldiers had killed the sheep and cleaned them up. They were waiting for Tao Yuan to take care of the rest.

Tao Yuan had told the soldiers to handle the sheep well. However, when he came to prepare the food, the soldiers didn't have much confidence in him. Tao Yuan's hands are white, tender, and slender, so you can tell at a glance that they must be protected against the sun and water.