ARC 3.2

All three were speechless on the entire way back, and their complexions were not very good.

After returning home and entering the study, his father punched the table and cursed, "They are so deceitful! What new era and new society, what everyone is equal, it's all lies! What about us?! Even if we have more money aren't they treating us like we're inferior?!"

Elder Yue sat behind the desk, closed his eyes, and said nothing. But his heart had already ben turned upside down.

Since ancient times, the ranks of scholars, farmers, industrialists, and commercial businessmen have been clearly divided. Merchants have always been the lowest. Although the Yue family is rich, the rich are not as powerful as the others. The people never fight against the officials, let alone the officers.

"Grandpa, Dad, don't be angry. Anyway, I don't want to end up with Ning Haobo. He doesn't like me, and I don't like him. After we got married I definitely wouldn't have been happy. Now that this happened, it saves me from getting married to him and hating each other." Tao Yuan was worried that the old man was angry, so he comforted them. "There is a saying, arranged marriages and marriages without feelings may make people unhappy in their lives. I was relieved when the marriage contract was dissolved."

"You are still young, and you don't understand the twists and turns. The key is not that they want to dissolve the marriage contract, but that today..."

"Ruqing," Grandpa Yue suddenly opened his eyes and interrupted his son-in-law, "You should go back to the room and rest first."

Tao Yuan knew that his grandfather didn't wish for him to hear those words, so he could only stand up and leave the study.

After Tao Yuan closed the door, Grandpa Yue said to his son-in-law, "What are you telling your child about this? He must be uncomfortable in his heart. You also want to tell him these things. How can he bear so many things in his heart when he is so young."

"Dad, their Ning family is really deceiving people too much. I just can't swallow this anger!"

"I can't swallow it, but I have to swallow it," Mr. Yue said, "I work hard for this family business, and I don't know how much I've been angry about. If I can't swallow all that anger, how could this family be where it is today?"

"In the past, our family used a lot of our property to help their family. Later, their family's military ranks became higher and higher, and their official positions became larger and larger. We never thought of having their family repay us. It was he who proposed marriage, saying that if Ruqing married to their home, he would treat Ruqing as his grandson. Now he turned his face and won't recognize anyone, and even acted like this for his own reputation. We are being so bullied, how can we let them do whatever they want?"

There was a knock on the door, and Grandpa Yue replied, "Come in."

The steward walked in and said, "Master, the Ning family is here. He brought a lot of things saying that he was here to apologize."

"You tell them, they apologized and we accepted it. The things are no longer needed. Let them take it back." Old Master Yue said, "Tell them again that it's our failure. It's not their problem."

The butler was ordered to leave the study.

Grandpa Yue said to his son-in-law, "Although our family is just ordinary and we can't provoke them as officials, we still need to have backbone. I won't have any more contact with the Ning family in the future."

When Grandpa Ning heard the report that the things sent had been returned, he let out a long sigh. He knew that this time he had completely offended the Yue family.