5 - Lunch Dates

I hate you because I will have to wonder for the rest of my life, why I wasn't good enough

"I have to actually go," I groan, wiggling around.

"Nope. Just spend the night and go to school later. It's in a few hours anyways," Walker holds me tighter to his chest. I finally push free and get off the bed.

"I'm serious Walker. I'll visit when I can, how about after school?" I ask.

"Work, work, work oh and work," he yawns, stretching as I put on my shirt and search for my bag.

"You have my number text me," I tell him, picking up the rest of my stuff.

"Bye C," he says as I open the door.

"Bye W," I reciprocate. He laughs as I leave his apartment. Shouldn't have watched those extra movies. It's five am and I'm going to be tired considering I have school in three hours and will probably only sleep for one if I'm lucky.

I get into my car and drive straight to Chase's penthouse. Well I guess my penthouse too now. Our penthouse? No, that sounds weird.

•••

I open the door with the key Chase gave me and sneak up to my room. I drop my stuff and lay in bed. Less than five minutes later the stupid alarm goes off indicating for me to get up. I groan getting out of bed and walking downstairs to make coffee.

I turn on the coffee machine and walk upstairs to the ensuite bathroom hoping a cold shower will wake me up. After I do my makeup, throw on light jeans and a blue crop top I head downstairs.

Chase is sitting down at the breakfast bar going through work papers. "Morning," I greet, pouring myself a cup of coffee.

"Do you need a ride?" He asks, not looking up from his papers.

"No, I'll be fine," I decline his offer and he nods, not lifting his eyes once from the papers in front of him.

"Work?" I ask stupidly. Who would ask that? Of course it is.

"Something like that," he mumbles. Sarcastic bitch.

"K, well I'm going to get going," I place my empty coffee cup in the sink.

"Eat first. Or bring it at least on your way," Chase says. I walk over to the fridge and pull out yogurt. I grab a plastic spoon before putting on my shoes.

"Bye Chase Face!" I shout opening the door. Since when did I start calling him Chase face again? I surprised myself with that one.

"Later Luck," he shouts back.

•••

"I highly doubt aliens are real," Jenny says.

"You really think we are the only life form in the entire universe. The universe is infinite; there could be a horse-cow for all we know," Dylan argues.

"But what if it isn't infinite, what if we are the only planet and everything is an illusion or lies," Jenny states.

"I can't argue with dumbasses," Dylan puts his hands up in the air signalling he's giving up. He turns back around in his seat facing the teacher.

"He's so easy to fool," Jenny whispers and I laugh.

"Dylan come on," I lean forward tapping his shoulder. He doesn't budge so I run my hands through the back of his hair and pull his head backwards.

"I hate when you do that," he grumbles.

"You love it now back to business, what're we doing after school?" I ask.