22 - Don't Leave Me

Come back.
Even as a shadow, even as a dream

"Hey baby." I wake up seeing a familiar beautiful woman with long dark hair and hazel eyes. She runs her fingers through my hair. The haze wears off and I soon recognize her.

"Mom!" I squeal, hugging her tighter than ever. I never thought I'd get to see the day where I see her again.

"Hi baby. How're you," she asks.

"I miss you so much," I mutter, continuing to hug her. She laughs sitting next to me in this bed.

"I missed my Angel so much too," she replies. I finally pulled away to look her in the face. She takes my face in her hands and wipes away my tears. "Are you thirsty," she asks. I nod and she helps me up off the bed.

We walk out of the room and downstairs to the kitchen. I sit down at a table as my mom fetches me a glass of water. I take it from her and drink it as she sits in front of me.

"Have you been watching over me," I ask. I don't bother asking how I'm here. I'm too busy enjoying the time with my mom.

"Everyday I watch my strong, beautiful and courageous Charmainley turn into a beautiful ambitious young woman," she says, making a tear slip from my eye.

"I watched her fight for herself, her family and her friends. I watched her fall in love," she says, causing me to snort.

"Did you also watch me get my heart broken?" I ask.

"I did. And I know you don't want to hear this but you should give Chase another chance," she says softly.

"You're right I don't want to hear it," I place my glass back on the table.

"Charm just listen. We all make mistakes in life. Some bigger than others. But if I made a mistake that doesn't mean I'm a bad person right. So it doesn't mean I should pay for the rest of my life for that mistake," she says softly.

"Until you know the full story. Don't judge a book by its cover. Not even by the back where the summary is. There's always plot twists," she explains. I roll my eyes and take another sip of my water.

"You're still hurting from him. Forgiveness is a cure for a lot of things," she hums.

"Okay. I'll take it into consideration," I reply. Or not. Fuck that.

"That's my girl," she blows me a kiss before getting up again.

"Mom!" I hear yelling and turn around seeing a boy. Dark brown hair and blue eyes. "Oh hi. Who's this," he asks. I look back to my mother who's tearing up.

"You sister. Charm, meet Clark," I stand up and turn to my little brother. I hold out my hand for him to shake but instead he pulls me into a big hug. I laugh, hugging him back tighter. More tears slip from my eyes at this overwhelming feeling.

"I have to go. But I love you," he whispers in my ear before pulling away.

"I love you too," I tell him. He nods, walking away until it's just me and my mom again. I've always wanted a brother.

"Come on dear," she grabs my hand and leads me outside.

"So do I live here," I ask as we walk down the street barefoot. It's so peaceful and comfortable here. I never want to leave.

"No," my mom laughs sadly. A small frown appears on my face. I don't want to leave her. Not again. Not after I just got her back.

"You don't belong here. Not until you're grey and old and die of natural causes. Your team needs you. They are your family," she says, running her hand up and down my back.