18 - Love Letters

I miss you a little too much, a little too often
and a little more every day

"I'm going on the mission," I tell Chase.

"Should I remind you you're still on lockdown," Chase replies, scrolling through his phone.

"I don't care. If you don't invite me I'll just go hangout with Colin or Walker," I threaten. Chase looks up from his phone at me.

"You aren't going. And don't bring that shit up," he growls, before looking back at his phone.

"I am going. Or I could just hangout with Colin again. I had a lot of fun," I tease. I know I'm pissing Chase off but I'll continue to do so until I get to go on the mission.

"I'll just get someone to watch you," Chase mutters.

"Like last time. You don't think I have tricks up my sleeve," I walk over to Chase and sit down on the coffee table in front of him. His eyes slowly trail up from his phone to me. He throws his phone to the other side of the couch he's sitting on and sits up straight. He leans closer.

"You aren't going and you aren't hanging out with Colin either," he makes clear in a low raspy voice.

"Why not. Colin is fun," I exclaim.

"He's bad news," Chase says. But something gleams in his eyes. Jealousy?

"At least he doesn't cheat on me," I blurt out before I can stop myself. Chase's entire mood shifts to anger.

"Charm are you fucking serious right now," he asks, standing up. Well I can't back down now.

"Yup," I stand up on the coffee table so I'm taller than him.

"K firstly," he lifts me up from under my arms and places me on the ground. "That's glass and your fat ass is going to break it," he states walking to the other end of the couch. He picks up his phone.

"Second, I thought we were over this," he says softly.

"Over this? Since when?" I ask.

"Since- I don't fucking know. Since, since," he fumes. He runs his hands through his hair, something he does when he's frustrated.

"Wait, why are you mad," I ask confused. Shouldn't I be the one mad.

"Because you keep bringing up past shit," he argues.

"Past shit? It hasn't even been half a year," I yell starting to get angry.

"I apologized a million fucking times. Hell Charm I sent you 50 million letters! You didn't reply to any which is fine but still!" Chase shouts. 

"Letters?" I question.

"Don't act like you don't know," he throws his arms in the air.

"No because I really don't know. I didn't get anything." I try to think back to this summer. I didn't get anything.

"Are you serious," Chase asks and I nod. "I'm going to fucking kill someone," he growls grabbing his keys and leaving the house. He slams the door on his way out making me flinch at the loud sound.

Letters?

If he really sent them why didn't I get any?

•••

"Ah shit," I curse, slipping on the last step. I grab the railing to catch me before I fall over. Dumb stairs. I make my way over to the kitchen.

I start the coffee machine and head to the fridge. I take out strawberries, whip cream before grabbing a bunch of things to make crepes. I start making crepes right away. I put them on a plate and wrap strawberries with whip crepe in them. I pour myself a glass of orange juice and walk over to the dining room table.