19 - Food Fights

We don't meet people by accident. Everyone is meant to cross our path for a reason

"Hey you brought the groceries," I notice the boys carrying bags in their hands.

"Yeah, are you going to tell me what we are making now," Zach asks, lifting the groceries and placing them on the counter.

"Cajun Alfredo chicken pasta," I announce.

"Sounds good to me. Get to cooking doll," Dylan throws a dish towel at me.

"Shut up," I laugh. "Catch," I throw Dylan an apron. He looks at the apron before me and raises a brow. "Help cook or don't eat," I tell him.

"Zach catch," I throw him an apron. "I want you to make your famous blue raspberry cocktails," I tell him.

"Pfft easy," he says, putting the apron on.

"Light," I point a finger at him. He rolls his eyes but agrees nonetheless.

"Tristan. You're in charge of the chicken," I throw him an apron.

"Do I get a chef hat too," he asks. I open the cupboard and pull out a white paper bag. I grab scissors and do the best making it look like a chef hat before placing it on his head.

"Alright get to cooking," I head to the kitchen and pull out a bag of flour.

"Wait I thought we were making noodles and the sauce," Dylan asks, staring at the beg of flour in my hand.

"Yes. We are making the pasta from scratch," I tell him. I drop the bag on the counter and head to the fridge for eggs.

"We need music," Zach pulls out his phone.

"There's a speaker in the living room," I point across the apartment to the living room. He nods walking over to connect his phone to it. Next thing I know music is blasted loudly throughout the apartment.

"Hey when you guys finish your tasks can you make cinnamon buns too," I ask innocently. Tristan makes the best cinnamon rolls. I swear.

"No- ow," Tristan smacks Zach in the stomach, cutting him off. "Actually we'd be delighted too," Zach rephrases. Dylan and I laugh as we get started on the pasta noodles.

•••

"Ready go!" Zach shouts.

Tristan and I begin running across the penthouse. We run through the kitchen, living room, dining room and back around.

"Shadow for the win!" Dylan announces.

"Sorry Knight. Looks like I win," Tristan gloats. I take out my pocket knife and wave it around.

"How about a knife fight?" I ask.

"Yeah how about that food we were cooking," Tristan rolls his sleeves up and walks back into the kitchen. We all follow and continue cooking.

"Hey your sister has been such a bitch lately. No offence," Zach mentions as Dylan and I sit down and roll out the pasta.

"When is she never not a bitch," I ask. The boys laugh.

"I was just trying to hangout with Jenny. You know like old times," Zach begins to explain.

"Fuck buddies," Tristan intrudes.

"Friends with benefits," Dylan adds.

"Booty call," I include. Zach rolls his eyes turning back to the cinnamon buns he's making with Tristan. Zach is making the drinks after so they're fresh.