24 ~ Love Letters (Part 2)

You are presented with two choices: either evolve or repeat

"Look at this!" I hold up a paper in front of the group.

"100%! See I knew you could do it," I high-five Tristan, Zach and Dylan before sitting down.

"Which one of you boys are buying me ice cream," I ask.

"Dylan!" Tristan and Zach shout in unison as they touch their nose. I roll my eyes at their childish play.

"Sure because you know I'm not a broke bitch," Dylan glares at Zach and Tristan.

"I'm not broke, just a pending rich king," Tristan corrects. I laugh as I put my test back in my backpack.

"So what're we doing tonight," Zach asks.

"Prom, Tux, Suit and Dress shopping," I announce. All three boys groan in annoyance.

"Guys I'm serious. We have to prom in like a month and we skipped all the other dances. Don't you want to at least have one high school experience," I question.

"Yeah I think I'll ride solo to prom. You expect me to bring one of these girls," Tristan says sarcastically as he gestures to the other high schoolers around the cafeteria. Zach and Dylan nod in agreement.

"I thought you had a girl?" I ask Dylan.

"She was a bitch. Riding solo," Dylan says.

"Yeah, same. I don't think Jenny is going to want to go with me," Zach mutters.

"Alright then let's just all go as friends. All four of us," I suggest.

"What about Chase?" Dylan asks me.

"What about him?" I question, taking a few of his fries.

"We've seen the looks, the tension, you're even wearing the fucking necklace," Tristan points out. I stare down at my fingers before looking around the room. The boys all laugh as I look back up at them.

"Okay so. Maybe I like him again but that doesn't mean anything," I defend.

"Yeah okay. You two will be banging again within a week," Zach rolls his eyes as I silently drink my water. Zach looks back up at me and laughs. "You're telling me he hasn't hit yet," he asks. I stay silent, shoving fries in my mouth as the boys laugh at me.

"Damn," Tristan mutters.

"Shut up. Anyways back to prom. Chase thinks they're stupid so I'm going with you guys," I explain.

"Fine by me," Zach mumbles.

"Also don't you guys have remakes," I ask confusedly. Tristan and Zach both missed tests because of the mission.

"Oh shit," Tristan curses, getting up.

"Here you can have this," Zach pushes his tray of food to me. Zach and Tristan both grab their bags and run out of the cafeteria.

"Dumbasses," Dylan mumbles and I laugh. "So when are you going to tell Chase you like him," Dylan asks.

I choke on Zach's pop before looking up at Dylan.

"Don't even try to hide it. I could cut the tension with a plastic butter knife," Dylan says, putting his feet up where Tristan was sitting.

"I don't know how. Should I just blurt it out or like, do it special or I don't know! You're good at this, help me," I plead.

"Promise to make me a godfather," Dylan holds out his pinky to me. I laugh, pinky promising him.

"Alright well has Chase done anything special or cool for you," he asks and I shrug. "Like when he first asked you to be his girlfriend, how did he ask," Dylan rephrases.