9 ~ Mr. Control Freak

It all begins and ends in your mind. What you give power to, has power over you, if you allow it

"Look boss, I just caught her here and kept her safe," Shawn raises his hands in the air in defence.

"I caught the bad guy." I kick the leader lying on the ground on his stomach. He groans and I smile up at Chase innocently with my hands behind my back.

"Great job," Hendrix and AJ both high-five me on each hand.

"Pfft I don't know why you didn't invite her on the mission. Charm's a badass," Alex walks over to me and high-fives me.

Chase is still silent watching looking around. Till he finally speaks. "Shawn, what happened to your earpiece?" Chase asks Shawn, ignoring me completely.

"Shit, I lost it. Probably at the cabin I found Charm at," Shawn explains. It probably fell out when he tackled me to save me from getting shot.

"Alright let's go. Antonio, Leo, Angela deal with that," he points to the half-awake leader on the ground. I wonder what his name is. Chase walks off and we all follow slowly behind.

"Was that you shooting in the woods?" Hendrix asks, referring to when I saw him and Chase. 

"Yeah with a sniper. One shot, one kill," I gloat at my shooting skills.

"Fuck you're better than Angela. All she does is whine and complain," Alex whispers so she doesn't hear.

"How did she even make it on the team?" I ask, confused. She has little fighting skills compared to the rest of us. She might as well be in a gang. At most.

"Her dad has high power," AJ retorts. 

"Come on. Celebratory party!" Alex shouts loudly.

"Alex shut up!" Leo shouts back.

"Make me," Alex winks at me right before Leo tackles him. They roll around on the ground like idiots. Reminds me of Dylan and Tristan or Hendrix and AJ when I first met them. Two goofballs.

Two shots go off and they scramble all of the ground getting up. We all stand up looking at the shooter. Chase. "We need to go to Accetta Headquarters, I suggest you hustle ass or get left behind," Chase scolds.

We all split into two and got into vans. Leo, AJ, Shawn, Angela and I in one. Chase, Hendrix, Alex and Antonio in the other.

"Can I drive?" I ask.

"Be my guest," Leo tosses me the keys before getting in the passenger seat. I get in the front seat and start up the car.

"Buckle up gentlemen and well Angela," I hold back a laugh as I back up.

"Yeah right. You're probably a shit driver anyways. Like a grandma," I hit the breaks right away causing Angela to slam into the back of Leo's seat.

"Keep talking," I mutter, changing the gears to drive. I hit the accelerator and began driving. Slowly speeding up as we pull onto the highway.

•••

"Anyone hungry?" I ask, debating on if we should pull into a drive through. A bunch of yes' go around the room and I make a sharp turn pulling into a plaza. I drive into the drive-thru.

"Everyone okay with burgers and fries?" I ask. 

"Yeah!"

"What drink?"

"Sprite!" "Coke!" "Root Beer!"

I sigh when only three people in the car answer. "Angela what do you want to drink?" I ask in a grumble.