45 - Chase's Story!

I am becoming the best version of myself

"It's true. You guys probably got more detentions than all of us combined," AJ laughs jokingly. I shake my head poking at my ice cream.

"Wait you never told us the story," Alex says pointing to Chase.

"What story?" Chase questions.

"How you got into the camp!" Alex exclaims. I completely forgot. None of us have actually heard the story.

"I don't know. We should probably go soon," Chase looks down at me. I grab his watch and check the time.

"Nope. Few hours before our flight," I assure. We're going to Bora Bora for our honeymoon. Just the two of us for two weeks. No worries, no troubles, no mafia. Just Chase and I. All of us repetitively smack our hands on the table creating a drumroll effect.

"Alright. Alright. I'll tell you," Chase says. He shakes his head ready to tell the story. "So...

Chase's POV - Three and a half years ago!

"What is it!" I shout frustrated with the banging on my door. Leo and my dad rush into my room. "What the hell do you want," I groan, not wanting to be bothered.

"What the hell are you doing? Get up!" Dad yells. I roll my eyes pulling the covers back over my head. He continues yelling at me to the point where I can't block it out anymore. I throw the covers off myself. The blanket flies onto the ground revealing the many bottles of alcohol and drugs in my bed. I don't care.

"What the hell are you doing with your life!" Dad scolds. I roll my eyes, get out and walk to my bathroom. I turn on the shower already feeling the headache coming on strong. Dad burst through my bathroom door with a gun in his hand.

"If you think you can just throw your life away. You have huge responsibilities ahead of you!" I ignore the yelling pulling out my toothbrush to brush my teeth. I look at my bloodshot eyes in the mirror.

"I don't care about the mafia! I'm not owning it or ruling it ever! Give that shit to Leo!" I finally snap at him. He takes the gun in his hand smacking it against my face. Blood from my mouth splatters against the mirror. That's definitely going to bruise.

I don't retaliate knowing I'll just make things worse. "Look I do and did everything you asked of me. Want him dead, I shot him, want to extract information from him, I skinned him till he spoke. I've done what you want," I fume.

"You're done with the drugs, you're done with Angela and you're done with everything. You hear me or you're going to regret it," Dad threatens. His threats are always empty.

"Can I shower," I ask as the water runs. It's not like he cares about the water bill. He leaves slamming the door shut. I throw off my clothes and get into the shower, stepping into the hot water.

•••

"Hey babe," I kiss Angela's cheek as slide in my car.

"Love! Where are we going?" Angela asks.

"I have business to finish up with at the office first. Then we can go wherever you want," I place on my sunglasses as I drive down the road. Slowly speeding up. We eventually reach the office as Angela babbles about a bunch of bullshit. Never cared to listen.

"Accetta!" I pushed the man who called me Accetta against a wall. He hits the wall sliding on the ground. I crouch down taking off my sunglasses.

"I don't know how many times I have to fucking tell you. It's Huxley, call me otherwise and the last time you see your wife will be with a knife wound in her chest." I get up and dust off my jacket.