14 ~ Partying With Criminals

The best revenge is massive success

I take out the leftover pancakes I stashed. I stack them and walk over to Shawn. I tap on his shoulder three times until he finally wakes up.

"Happy Birthday!" I shout holding the pancakes out to him.

"Yeah, some birthday," he mutters sitting up.

"I know I'm sorry. I fucked up so bad. I'll never forgive myself," I mutter.

"Hey," Shawn pulls me into a hug. "It's not your fault. We're going to get out of here. Now pass," he takes the pancakes from my hand and begins eating them.

"Eat," he hands me a pancake and I take it, eating with him.

After the truck incident. They threw bags over our heads and locked us in a room. For three days so far. No windows, vents, not even a fucking bed. Four walls, a ceiling, floor and a door. All made of concrete. Except for the door. They slide food under it every so often. Sometimes a juice box if we're lucky! I saved my pancakes yesterday for Shawn.

"We're getting out of here today," I determine, standing up. I walk around the room looking around.

"Charm it's okay," Shawn assures me. "The guys will find us. Eventually," Shawn banters. My eyes snap to the door when a letter slides under.

I walk over to it and pick it up.

Leaving for Mexico. You have one hour

"Oh we are so getting out of here to-fucking-day," I tell Shawn as I hand him the note.

"Fuck. Okay we need a plan," he says. We start brainstorming ways to get out of here.

•••

"Ready!" I hear four knocks on the door. The door opens revealing seven men in black with ski masks. They walk over to us and roughly place a bag over our heads. They tie our hands together with zip ties behind our back before leading us elsewhere.

"It smells like death," I comment as I get a whiff of a horrid smell.

"Shouldn't have killed Santiago," someone says. I feel myself being pushed and I trip over my feet onto the ground. The bag is lifted from my head and bright lights hit my vision. Next thing I know Shawn is being thrown next to me.

"Careful! Are you fucking dumb," I curse.

"Shut up," one of the men decides to kick me and I fall back. They close the door. Shawn and I are stuck in the back of the same bloody truck I killed Santiago in.

"At least there's no dead body," I shrug.

"Charm, I am going to ask you this once. Please don't anger them. They can kill you, they don't need you," Shawn says.

"Yeah they do. They want me and Hendrix," I confess.

"What?" Shawn exclaims.

"Hendrix and I," I rephrase with proper grammar. No wait, it's me and Hendrix.

"No, what do you mean they want you and Hendrix," Shawn asks, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"I don't know why but I do know they've been wanting us. And Carmen too now apparently," I continue explaining to Shawn everything I know. Which isn't much.

"So why haven't they killed me if they don't need me?" Shawn asks.

"I don't know. Lure, bait or maybe they think you're Hendrix," I start listing off reasons why Shawn is still alive.