34 - My Favourite Song

Heartbeats need no translations

"Did I say stop! Keep fucking going," I order. AJ and Alex pick back up their balloons and begin blowing. I nod heading to the kitchen where Hendrix and Shawn are.

"What're those?" I ask.

"Umm lemons. You said we were making lemon meringue pie," Hendrix retorts.

"With LIMES! Key LIME pie!" I take the bag of lemons from his hand and toss them in a cupboard. "Are you trying to kill Chase?" I question.

"No. I just thought it was for everyone else," Hendrix shrugs.

"You know what. I don't have time for this. Eres estúpido o simplemente estúpido!" I ask Hendrix in Spanish. (Are you stupid or just stupid)

"Charm. Let's take a chill pill," Shawn places his hands on my shoulder leading me out of the kitchen.

"I'll take a chill pill when it's perfect. I've been locked in this stupid fucking house for 2 weeks," I groan. Yes, I got grounded for seeing Walker.

"Here," Shawn reaches into his pocket taking out a packet of skittles. I take it from him and rip it open.

"Ugh, not good enough," I whine while eating my skittles.

"It's going to be amazing. Did you get him a present?" Shawn asks.

"Did I get him a fucking gift? Yessss," I drawl annoyed.

"Then you're good. Chase doesn't care about stupid parties," Shawn says.

"So he just wants presents?" I ask.

"Actually he doesn't really want much but beer and pizza," Shawn shrugs.

"Well he's having a party. Now go finish the pie!" I point towards the kitchen. Shawn mutters incoherent words under his breath as he walks back to the kitchen.

I re-enter the living room kicking a few balloons. Now that I think about it. It looks like a sophisticated party for a five year old. Black and gold streamers hang around the room. Helium filled and air filled balloons in gold, black, navy blue and clear. Gold glitter spread around. A giant silver 1 and 9 shaped balloon. Chase better love his surprise birthday party.

"Alright done!" AJ says, whacking the last balloon in my face. I walk over to the coffee table and pick up another pack of balloons.

"Last one boys," I toss AJ the pack of balloons. Him and Alex groan in unison. The doorbell rings and I immediately look at it.

"That better be the drinks," I mutter walking over to the door. I open it up revealing Leo holding bags of drinks. I take them from him and head to the kitchen.

"What no hello?" Leo yells following behind me.

"Busy. Shut up," I mutter. I take out the bottles of alcohol but soon realize there's no actual non alcoholic drinks. "Is there anything other than alcohol?"

"It's a party. Who needs other shit," Leo asks.

"People who don't drink! Designated drivers! Alcoholic recoveries! Are you kidding," I ask Leo. Leo flinches at my outburst.

"I wouldn't mess with her if I were you," Hendrix whispers.

"You zip it! Leo, go get a bunch of soda and fruit juice. Not everyone drinks alcohol straight," I mention.

"Fine. Be back in 20," Leo grabs his car keys getting up.

"Make it 10!" I yell as he leaves. The doorbell rings once again. Please be the food. I make my way over to the door where I take the food from the delivery man. A lot of food I can barely carry.