26 ~ Camp Stories

Whatever past you come from, you don't have to go back

"He'll like this one. It's made out of black glass. It's perfect," I think out loud. "We'll take this one," I tell the employee.

"Okay. That'll be $700. Do you want it delivered," he asks.

"Yes!" "Yes!" "Yes!"

"No," I answer but the boys thought otherwise. "We will be taking it right now. And carrying it out," I smile. The employee nods, walking over to the counter.

"What're you talking about," Tristan whispers.

"That thing weighs like 200lbs," Dylan exaggerates.

"It's like 100lbs at most. It'll be fine. You guys got it, right Zach," I pat his shoulder knowing he's the strongest out of the group. It's definitely more than 90lbs.

"Ahah yeah heh heh," he chuckles unsurely.

"Perfect. You guys handle this and put it in the car and I'll go next door and get food, snacks and junk. Your favourite ones too," I assure, I hand Dylan one of my credit cards.

"Also drop it, crack it or so much put a dent or nick in it and it's coming out of your paycheck!" I yell while walking out the store.

•••

"I am not enjoying this," Trist mumbles smushed against the window.

"Neither am I," Zach muffles against the other window. Basically the coffee table fits. With one exception. It has to go in the middle leaving barely any space for Tristan and Zach in the back. So they're being squashed by the coffee table and smushed into the window.

"We are almost there," I inform as Dylan laughs at them.

"Dylan, I advise you to shut up," Tristan mutters.

"Or I'll physically hurt you," Zach threatens but that doesn't stop Dylan. He takes out his phone and snaps a few pictures.

"Guys if you decide to murder Dylan. Please schedule it after we bring in the coffee table," I advise.

"Deal as long as I get to break his arm," Zach grumbles. I laugh pulling into the underground parking. Once I park Tristan and Zach immediately open the door and stretch.

"Should've put on the child locks," Dylan jokes.

"That would've been hilarious," I agree as I get out of the car. Zach, Dylan and Tristan all carry the coffee table as I open the door and press buttons for them. I'm also carrying all the groceries. We finally make it to the top and walk down the hallway. I can hear the music from here. I use my key and open the door seeing Chase, Shawn and Alex sitting around as AJ is yelling and singing song lyrics out loud. Hendrix is cleaning up the rest of the broken coffee table.

"Woohoo AJ!" I shout. The boys all turn my way and Chase gets up walking over to me. He bends down to kiss my cheek as the other boys walk in with the coffee table.

"What's this," he asks.

"I told you I'll get you a new coffee table. So I did." I gesture over to the new and improved coffee table. The boys bring it in further to the living room.

"I thought you were joking. How much did this cost," Chase asks.

"$700, child labour of three boys and pain and suffering of two," Zach exaggerates. Chase snaps his head to me and I shrug.

"I know it's pricey but it's black glass. Better than your old one and don't pay me back. It's a gift," I make clear as I walk to the kitchen. Chase follows me in and I take out frozen pizzas.