31 ~ My Beautiful, Giggly Sous-Chef

You must never be fearful of what you're doing when it's right

"Here's your water," Chase says, knocking on my door. I turn around right as he tosses it and I catch it.

"Thanks. You can leave now," I mention turning back to my schoolwork. Why do teachers feel the need to give so much homework and assignments?

"How was school?" Chase asks, walking around my room. It's pretty much plain, I haven't decorated it or anything.

"Umm good. How was work?" I ask skeptically. He's never asked how school went.

"Long. I have dinner tomorrow with my family," Chase explains. He's only wearing a pair of basketball shorts.

"Please no," I sigh. Chase chuckles sitting down on my bed.

"Don't worry. You don't have to go," he explains. I let out a breath of relief as I continue with my math work.

"I wanted to ask you something," Chase says.

"Ask away," I reply, typing my digits into my calculator.

"Okay so if you want. Totally optional but you c-" a loud crash cuts Chase off. Gunshots go off and we immediately reach for our guns. "What the fuck," Chase curses closing my door.

"What is that," I whisper. Chase opens the door slightly peeking out.

"Intruders. Go hide!" Chase orders. I cross my arms holding my gun in my hand. "I'm serious. You're still hurt," he points to my ankle.

"It's been like three weeks! I'm fine," I point out standing up. I walk around the room like normal. No more limping.

"Fine. We need to get out of here. Move fast and follow orders. If you need your school work. Get it now," Chase whispers. I nod, grabbing my backpack and stuffing all my school work into it. I zip it up right as Chase takes it from me, putting it over his shoulders.

Another loud bang goes off and I cover my ears. Who the fuck is shooting up our place. Chase opens the door grabbing me by the elbow pushing me in front of him. We crouch walking over to his room as we hear footsteps going up the stairs. He quickly pushes me into the room and shuts the door. Except he isn't in the room.

Gunshots go off back and forth as I stand up. I hold my gun pointing at the door ready to shoot anyone who walks in. The door swings open revealing Chase and I sigh in relief.

"Come on, we need to get out of here," he says. I follow him down the stairs walking over four dead bodies. I point my gun towards the kitchen seeing a shadow. Two head lifts from behind the counter and I shoot. Killing two.

"Not bad Blade. Not bad," Chase congratulates. I roll my eyes as we reach the living room. A small metal cylinder shaped object rolls by my feet. I immediately kick it far out and Chase uses his body to shield me right as it goes off. Smoke flies everywhere, fogging the entire penthouse.

"Come on," Chase leads me towards the door. We don't put on our shoes to focus on making it out alive. I swing open the door and we run out. We reach the elevator and I click the button fifty times.

"We should take the stairs," Chase suggests. I turn to him in my pajama pants, grey lounge bra and cross my arms.

"You live in a penthouse. I'm not walking down like 50 flights of stairs," I point out. He laughs as the elevator opens and we get in. He presses the B button before closing the elevator doors.

"Draw your gun," Chase directs. I hold my gun up facing the door. The doors open revealing four men Chase and I shoot to death. We run towards his cars in a rush.