36 - Boiled Cow's Head

True friends are never apart
maybe in distance but never in the heart

"I thought no more secrets and more trust," I ask, sitting down across from Chase.

"There aren't any. I was going to tell you," Chase says. "And you coming to my office isn't trusting me," Chase points out and I nod agreeingly.

"Okay so that was probably a space violation. I can admit that. But Sanders?! What the hell were you doing with him?" I ask. Why would Chase still talk with Sanders after everything?

"Extracting information out of him," Chase retorts and I snort. I look back at him seeing the serious look on his face.

"You treated him like a businessman. Usually when you're getting information out of someone you're slicing fingers off or beating them with a bat," I point out.

"Yeah if they don't cooperate. Sanders was complying to rules and he's agreed to tell us everything in exchange for his life," Chase explains.

"Okay so what did you find out?" I ask.

"Santiago was planning on killing himself," Chase retorts.

"That would explain why he wasn't scared when I killed him. But why?" I ask. Why would Santiago want to kill himself?

"Someone is probably holding something over his head. Or planning to do worse than kill him," Chase says. "Luck who told you Santiago killed your mother," Chase leans forward resting his arms on his knees.

"Carmen," I confess. "But I know he killed my mom for sure. He admitted to it."

"Well there's more to it," Chase leans back onto the couch.

"But where does Sanders come in? That can't be all the information he gave you," I inquire and Chase shrugs. "Chase, tell me!" I exclaim knowing he's hiding something.

"Nothing important, just some bullshit about how Curto was working for him and Santiago," Chase says.

"My lawyer? Why?" I ask. What could Sanders possibly want with my criminal record? "Wait! Sanders knew I was coming to the camp then. He wanted me there," I blurt out.

"Yeah but nothing is making sense still. Except your sister," Chase mutters to himself.

"Carmen?" I question dumbly.

"No the other one," Chase rolls his eyes and I laugh. I deserved that. I don't have any other sisters. "She was kidnapped by Santiago. She has to know more," Chase says.

"Alright I'll call her. But I haven't really spoken to her in weeks," l shrug. After what Jenny told me. I didn't bother.

"Call her later. I want to show you the house," Chase stands up holding his hand out for me. I give in and place my hand in his. He intertwines our fingers and pulls me off the couch.

Chase leads me around the house. Showing me the pool, hot tub, patio, wide field in the backyard. The basement with a basketball court, movie theatre, bar with a pool table and games room. The main floor has two living rooms, two kitchens, one for his chef and one for everyone else, a small dining room and a big one, the bathrooms. Currently we are walking upstairs.

"Close your eyes," Chase says. I furrow my eyebrows confused. "Just close them," Chase places his hands over my eyes making sure I can't see anything.

"If I fall on my ass I blame you," Chase chuckles at my commentaire as he leads me elsewhere. He stops walking and turns my body.

"Okay open!" Chase exclaims. I open my eyes to see a huge room. A king bed pressed against a black wall while the other walls remain white. Wood floors with the king bed under a black rug. A huge flat screen tv across the room from the bed. I walk in further, seeing a couch against another wall facing the floor to ceiling windows. I open a glass door leading to the balcony. You can see the entire backyard and pool from here. Plus the forest behind. I walk back inside and open another door to a huge walk-in closet. Chase's clothes on one side while mine are on the other. Racks for purses and shoes that are half empty due to me not owning enough to fill them. Another door leading to the bathroom to which I walk in. Dark grey marble, glass shower, a huge bathtub against a faint window, two sinks and bright lights. I notice another door and walk through it leading me back to the main bedroom area where Chase is sitting on the bed waiting for me.