10 - Prince Not So Charming

You can't keep dancing with the devil
and ask why you're still in hell

"Do I look weird?" I ask AJ.

"You look beautiful," he compliments. I smooth out my black ball gown. AJ holds out his hand for me.

"Thanks handsome," I smile, taking his hand. He helps me down the stairs. We walk down the stairs where Chase, Hendrix and Shawn are waiting.

Chase is wearing all black dress pants and a black silk dress shirt. First few buttons undone, no jacket, no tie. As expected. "Fiancée," Chase says, taking my hand as AJ let's go.

"Put a ring on it then call me that," I roll my eyes.

Hendrix lets out a laugh receiving a death glare from Chase. "We'll meet you guys there," Hendrix informs, grabbing his jacket. Hendrix, Shawn and AJ all exit the penthouse.

"You look beautiful," he compliments.

"I know everyone says that." Chase twirls me around in my gown.

"Why are you so bitchy today," he asks. He stares at me trying to read my emotions. I stare back at him, continuing to hold up my guard. After around twenty seconds of our staring contest Chase snaps his fingers.

"I got it," he walks off leaving me in the living room. I stand in the living room alone for a few seconds until he returns with red shoes.

"It matches your eyeshadow, lipstick and hair colour," he gestures for me to sit down and I do. He takes off my red bottom heels and places the Jordan's on my feet.

"Aww look at that Prince Charming," I joke.

"Let's go princess," he holds out his hand and I grab it. We take the elevator downstairs and walk out to the limo waiting for us.

•••

"Ready love," Chase asks and I furrow my eyebrows. He doesn't notice as he is getting out of the car and holds his hand once again for me. I take it and he helps me out of the limo but doesn't let go.

Camera lights flash everywhere as we walk in. Chase doesn't smile or anything, keeping the same cold expression on his face. I do the same as we walk inside.

Classical music is playing. Caterers are carrying appetizers and drinks around the room. People are dancing, swaying. And I want to throw up.

"This is disgusting. Can't we just leave," I plead. I've always hated these things. The only good thing that happens at them is when they get shot up.

"We just got here," Chase chuckles.

"And I hate it," I mention.

"Tell you what," Chase leans over so his lips are close to my ear. I feel his hot breath fan my neck. "One hour, we eat appetizers, dance, drink champagne, make our engagement toast and leave," he says.

"You got yourself a deal Prince Charming," I use the hand still holding Chase's and shake it.

"You're a dork," Chase says, dragging me towards the dance floor.

"And you mister are a loser," I place my hands around his neck as his arms go around my waist. Our bodies sway to the music.

"I miss you," he confesses.

"I'm right here," I point out, confusedly. Chase shakes his head with a small smile on his face.

"No, I miss you and me. I miss us," he rephrases.

"Chase I-"

"No, I know I fucked up. So bad, messed everything up between us. Just let me make it right, please," he begs.