38 ~ Truthful Terrors

I can handle the truth
It's the lies that kill me

"It's literally four am," I groan looking at the time. I hear the sound of a gun cock and look across the room at Chase. "I doubt it's an intruder," I mutter, throwing a pillow over my head trying to block out the constant knocking and doorbell ringing. When it doesn't stop I get out of bed.

"I'm going to fucking murder someone." I snatch the gun from Chase's hand before running out of the room.

"Luck be careful," Chase warns as I reach the front door. He walks up behind me when I swing open the door revealing Toni and Shawn.

"Deal with them before I do permanently," I mutter, slapping the gun against Chase's chest. He takes it as I trail back upstairs and crawl back into bed.

•••

I wake up to a loud commotion going on downstairs. I roll around in my bed noticing Chase is gone. I check the time seeing it's only eight in the morning. I lazily drag myself out of bed and put on my warm fluffy robe. I head to the bathroom to brush my teeth quickly before walking downstairs.

"SHUT UP!"

"GIVE IT BACK!"

"CHASE! I'm not dealing with this!"

I walk into the kitchen to see Chase, Toni and Shawn all arguing. "What the fuck," I mutter walking over to the coffee machine. I slap it a few times before placing a cup under it.

"And you woke up, Luck. You good?" Chase asks. I turn to him with my eyes half open, after barely getting any sleep last night.

"Do I look good?" I grumble.

"Here," Chase opens the fridge taking out coffee creamer and whip cream. As the coffee machine finishes pouring out the coffee Chase adds a little coffee creamer and tops it with whip cream. He then hands me the cup of coffee.

I smile weakly before drinking my coffee. The hot liquid and sweet bitterness slides down my throat in comfort. I look back to the three. "Continue," I encourage now that I have my coffee.

"Chase, you take Toni. She's not staying at my place," Shawn declares. Right after reunion night last night we convinced Toni to hangout with us for a bit before she goes back to "Europe." Mainly so we can dig up crucial information out of her brother.

"Give it back!" Toni shouts again for the millionth time.

"No! Chase here," Shawn walks around the counter and places a small bag of pills in his hand. "She's an addict," Shawn says.

"What're these?" Chase asks, holding them up in front of Toni.

"Medication. Doctor says I'm sick," Toni retorts.

"Yeah what doctor slides a bag of pills," Shawn points out.

"What doctor?" I ask Toni.

"My brother's doctor," Toni answers.

"Who's your brother," Chase asks. Toni's eyes widen before she goes completely silent recognizing her own slip up.

"Let me rephrase," Chase tosses the bag of pills on the counter. He walks up to Toni "Antonio Thatcher you know him or you don't," he questions Toni. Toni bites her lip and plays with her hands.

"Chase, don't push it. She probably doesn't even know what's going on," I remind Chase. He walks away from Toni and grabs the bag of pills.

"Get this to Logan. If you don't want to watch her," he tosses the bag of pills to Shawn who catches it.