20 ~ Blood Brothers

Before anything else, preparation is the key to success

"Luck, you need to get up!" Chase yells.

"I'll be there in a second," I mumble into my pillow.

"I will drag your ass out of bed," Chase yells.

"Suck my dick," I mumble lazily. Before I know it there's a strong grip on my ankle. My hands immediately grab my mattress trying to hold on. I lose my grip and slip onto the ground.

"I told you," Chase smirks standing above me. I take my foot and kick the weak spot of his ankle hard. Obviously I didn't think this through because he falls forward. I close my eyes waiting for the impact that never came. When I open them back up Chase is hovering over me using his elbows to hold up his weight.

"Well good morning to you too," he greets. I laugh pushing him off me and getting up.

"I'll meet you downstairs in twenty minutes," I run to the washroom to start my day off with a cold shower. I brush my teeth and throw my hair into a high ponytail. I changed into a pair of short black spandex shorts and a navy blue sports bra.

I place a pair of black joggers and a white cropped zip up sweater over top. I grab my gym bag and essentials before leaving my room. I jog downstairs seeing Chase holding two coffee mugs. Both black. I think he has an obsession with black. But I'm not complaining.

I open the door and Chase walks out. "Aren't you going to take one," he asks, holding the coffee up as he walks backwards down the hallway.

"See I can. Or you can and I can open all the doors for you," I suggest clicking the elevator button. We walk in the elevator and Chase clicks the button with his knuckle before I can.

"So I assume you know how Zach and Shawn know each other," I ask Chase. He shakes his head.

"I actually don't," he says.

"You're a horrible liar," I tell him as I walk out of the elevator. We walk outside and there's a car already waiting for us. I open the door for Chase.

"Look even if I did. It's not my place to say," he says getting in the car.

"I didn't ask how. I asked if you knew," I clarify getting in after Chase. He hands me a mug as the driver begins driving.

"I don't," he simply says.

I take a sip of my coffee. I end up coughing a lot at the straight bitter taste in my mouth. "I did it again, didn't I?" he asks. I nod, handing him the mug. He hands me the other one in his hand and I drink that one.

"I can't believe you still drink that. That should be illegal," I joke.

"Gets me going," Chase says before taking a sip of his drink. He continues drinking it watching me and I shake my head.

"Straight coffee beans," I remark as I drink my coffee. Chase laughs, continuing to enjoy his straight bitter liquid.

•••

"See we are here on time," I tell Chase as we walk into the gym.

"It's 6:03," Chase states looking at his watch.

"So call it traffic and eat some sugar," I reply walking off.

"How does that eve- you know what. I'm not even going to question it," Chase says following me. We sit down at a table and he pulls out a clipboard.

"Okay so Zach is a fighter right. Should we throw him up against AJ," Chase asks.

"No!" I say a little too loud. I clear my throat before respeaking. "No. They're both at the same level. It would be a terrible idea," I explain.