Sᴇᴀsᴏɴ Oɴᴇ {1.1}

"εα૮ɦ of you comes here hopeful; wanting in on the game. A month ago you were in med school being taught by doctors. Today, you are the doctors. The seven years you spend here as a surgical resident will be the best and worst of your life. You will be pushed to the breaking point,"  

"Look around you. Say hello to your competition. Eight of you will switch to an easier specialty. Five of you will crack under the pressure. Two of you will be asked to leave. This is your starting line. This is your arena. How well you play? That's up to you."

•.

"Okay, Martin, Robinson, Bond, Parkins."

Evi puts her hair into a loose ponytail at the back of her head while observing the called interns move towards the door.

"Only six women out of twenty." A blonde says from beside her.

"Yeah. I hear one of them's a model. Seriously, like that's going to help with the respect thing?" A Korean woman says from Evi's opposite side.

"Your Cristina right?" Evi starts, "And your Meredith? We met last night at the mixer." 

"Which resident you assigned to? I got Bailey." Cristina asks as the three girls move to stand in a circle.

"The Nazi? Yeah, me too." Meredith confirms.

"Why do they call her 'The Nazi?'" Evi asks.

"Maybe she is a Nazi." Cristina tells the girl.

"You got the Nazi? So did I. At least we'll be tortured together, right? I'm George O'Malley, uh, we met at the mixer, you had a black dress with a slit up the side, strappy sandals-" George cuts himself off as he observes the three women's faces.

"Now you think I'm gay." George says defeated.

Meredith, Cristina, and Evi all exchange looks before Cristina walks away.

"It's okay if your gay George, I don't judge." Evi says to him before turning her attention back to her cubby.

"No! I'm not gay it's just that-" George cuts himself with a sigh off as Evi walks away.

"O'Malley, Yang, Grey, Stevens, and Jensen, at the end of the hall." The resident calls.

"That's the Nazi?" Cristina asks in disbelief as they walk down the hall and see a short black woman at the nurses station.

"I thought the Nazi would be a guy." George says.

"I thought the Nazi would be... A Nazi." Meredith says.

"She doesn't look like a Nazi." Evi joins in, as a pretty blonde walks up to the group.

"Maybe it's professional jealousy. Maybe she's brilliant, and they call her Nazi because they're jealous. Maybe she's nice." The blonde says.

"You're the model, aren't you?" Evi asks looking at the woman.

The girl sends Evi a look.

"Hi, I'm Isobel Stevens, but everyone calls me Izzie." Izzie says sticking her hand out for Bailey to take.

"I have five rules. Memorize them," Bailey begins ignoring Izzie's hand. "Rule number one, don't bother sucking up, I already hate you, that's not gonna change,"

Bailey gestures to the items on the counter. "Trauma protocol, phone lists, pagers. Nurses will page you, you answer every page at a run." The interns scramble to grab one of each item. 

"A run, that's rule number two. Your first shift starts now and lasts forty-eight hours. You're interns, grunts, nobodies, bottom of the surgical food chain, you run labs, write orders, work every second night till you drop and don't complain!" She continues.