2.24

Izzie and George walk up to Cristina, Alex, Meredith and Evi who are sitting in the ambulance bay.

"That's right, I forgot, you're not talking to her." Izzie says.

"Oh!" George exclaims.

"If you were she would tell you that Callie crosses the line. So crossed the line. So freaking crossed."

"Oh. Were still pretending that you're not seeing a patient, right?" Alex says.

"People, what's with all the evil misery? Huh?" Cristina asks.

"Live and let live." Evi says cheerfully.

"You're cheerful." George says.

"Oh, come on." Cristina brushes off.

"You are. How's that possible?" Izzie asks.

"I scrubbed in on a four hour parasophageal hernia last night. Then I got laid. And now, three ambulances are coming in full of bloody broken car crash victims, all who need to be cut open. So, I'm cheery! I'm cheery! I'm cheery!" Cristina says happily.

•.•|•.•|•.•

"22-year-old pregnant restrained passenger T-boned on her side. Prolonged extrication in the field. BP 90 over 50." The paramedic says. "Pulse in the 80s."

"Trauma room one." Bailey instructs.

"Trauma? No, I'm fine. Really. You don't have to go to all that trouble, mercy no. I am fine. The air bags went off. If you could just check on my baby and the rest of my family. My husband. Noah? You saw Mama breathing, right? And Daddy? Where the hell's Daddy? Mama and Daddy are still alive, right?" Melanie asks.

"They're in the next ambulance right behind us." Noah says.

"They're still alive, right?"

"Please don't move, ma'am." Evi says.

"Mama and Daddy, I need to know."

Evi looks towards Cristina. "Yeah, I'll ask someone about...Mama." She says.

"And Daddy." Melanie reminds.

•.•|•.•|•.•

"Could everybody shut up for a minute? I'm trying to find a fetal heartbeat, hold on." Cristina says loudly.

"Is the baby ok?" Melanie asks.

"Hold on." Cristina says.

"The baby's heart rate is 152 and strong. It's...it's ok." Evi says.

"They're both good. They're good." Jim says.

"Thank the Lord. Thank the Lord they're all right." Millie goes on.

"Bailey, another car crash victim." Meredith says wheeling in a man.

"That's him! That's the guy who hit us." Millie says.

"I'll kill him, I'm gonna get you." Jim sneers.

"Whoa. Whoa. Whoa." Richard says stepping in.

"You son of a bitch." Jim continues.

"Big Jim, just hold your horses. He's hurt. He's already hurt." Millie calms.

"Good!"

"Daddy?"

"Don't ask me to be neighborly! He slammed into us."

"Trauma three. Page Ortho and Neuro. O'Malley, give her a hand."

"What happened?"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. What do you think you are you doing, young man?" Millie asks Alex.