2.12

A very pregnant Bailey is walking down a hallway. She's taking a few deep breaths. Meredith, Evi, George, Izzie, Cristina and Alex tailing follow her a few feet behind her.

George whispers to Meredith. "Look at her belly. She's almost as wide as she is tall. Izzie grins at this.

"Are her ankles swollen? Is that why she's waddling?" Evi asks quietly.

"What's gonna happen to us when she goes on leave?" Izzie asks.

"Leave? She's going on leave?" Cristina asks.

"What do you think happens when people push babies out of their vaginas?" Meredith asks.

George chuckles. "Do you think we're gonna get a new resident?"

"What?" Cristina asks confused.

"Nah. Probably just let us all walk around unattended. See how much damage we can do." Alex says. They stop walking as Bailey has stopped at a nurse's station still a few feet away.

"Yeah, well you would know." Izzie says.
Suddenly Izzie rounds to the front, smiling. "Hey you guys, we should all get together and get Bailey a Christmas gift for the baby. Or we could um organize some sort of secret Santa thing." She suggests.

Cristina looks less than impressed. "Ok, listen Tiny Tim you can take-"

Meredith and George move quickly to block Cristina and interrupt her loudly.

"Sounds great."
"Secret Santa sounds great Izzie." George and Meredith say at the same time.

Izzie smiles. "Okay." She turns around and starts heading off to Bailey. George and Meredith turn to face Cristina. Cristina has a 'what the hell' look on her face.

"We're being supportive." Evi says.

•.•

"Tim Epstein, 38. Fell off the roof of his house." Meredith presents in the loud patients room.

"I was stringing Hanumas lights and ah a shingle came loose." Tim explains.

"Hanumas?" Izzie asks.

"Hanumas. Chrismakkuh. We ah go all out." He says.

Izzie smiles broadly. "Awesome."

"He fell 12 feet." Mrs. Epstein says.

"Ah good news is my head broke my fall." He says.

One of his daughters flings a rubber lizard which smacks Derek's face.

"Ah there are no visible deformities but he's definitely having some focal left arm weakness." Meredith says.

"He'll probably be fine. He's always been a little hard-headed." Mrs. Epstein says.

Mr. Epstein chuckles but quickly moans slightly in pain.

"Does your head hurt when you laugh?" Derek asks.

"Is that a bad thing?"

"Do you wanna follow my finger with your eyes, please?" He moves his finger from side to side in front of Mr. Epstein's face. Mr. Epstein's son, Jake jumps of his bed and jumps onto the adjacent one and sits up in front of Bailey.

"I know karate." He says.

"Mmm Hmm." Bailey says. He whacks the jug sitting on the table which Evi quickly removes. "Ah." Bailey moves quickly away to where Mrs. Epstein is sitting.

"You know your husband might need a little ah quiet so there's a cafeteria right down the hall..." Bailey says.

Tim interrupts. "No, no, no. Let them stay. Pain or no I don't want to miss out on the holidays with my kids."