2.19

Meredith is getting ready in front of the mirror tying up her hair. George walks up to brush his teeth but goes back when he realizes Meredith is there. Cristina is standing with Izzie, Evi and Alex who are sitting on a bench at the lockers a few feet away watching the whole situation unravel.

"50 bucks says O'Malley caught her doing Mark Sloan." Alex says. Izzie hits him.

Meredith heads to her locker. "There's something going on. I mean look at them." Izzie says.

"Alright he walked in on her doing McDreamy." Alex says. Cristina looks bemused and Izzie gives him a look.

"Did I just call that dude McDreamy?"

"Oh you know you did." Evi says.

"Awesome." He turns to Izzie. "You are ruining my life."

"Ha." Izzie says. He moves up to her really close and moves to kiss her but Izzie gets up.

"Get a room." Cristina says. Izzie walks up to them, Cristina and Evi follow her. "Guys." Evi says.

"Excuse me." George says.

"Oh sorry." Izzie ducks out of George's way. "What's ah...what's a going on?"

George and Meredith both give Izzie weird looks. "Nothing." Meredith says.

"Oh you know we're going to find out anyway." Evi says.

"You tell us and maybe we can help." Izzie says.

"There's nothing to tell." George insists.

"Oh that means there's something to tell." Cristina says.

"Come on."

"There's nothing to tell." Meredith says.

•.•.•

"Who would like to present?" Burke asks as they walk into a patients room.

"Ah Keith Paulus admitted last night with chest pains." Cristina presents. Keith nods smiling at Dr. Burke. "Status post acute MI. Ah no family or personal history of heart disease. No cardiac risk factors."

"He's healthy as a horse." Amy his fiancée says.

"A horse who's in bed after just having a heart attack." Keith says

Meredith moves around uncomfortable as does George. Izzie and Evi notice. Evi narrows her eyes at the two.

"See now any minute I think you're going to tell us this was a false alarm and it just seemed that he had a heart attack." Amy says. Burke checks Keith with his stethoscope.

"She talks when she gets nervous." Keith says. Keith winks at Amy.

"Hmm I understand. Mr. Paulus unfortunately the scans show what looks like a mass around your heart. A very, very large mass." Burke says. Amy gets up and moves to stand next to Keith nervous.

"Mass ... okay. Is that code for tumor?" Keith asks.

"Okay that's absurd. He doesn't have a tumor. He's incredibly healthy." Amy says.

"We won't know until there's further exploration which is why I'd like to do an angiogram today." Burke explains to the couple.

"Okay, good." Keith says. Amy looks a little shocked.

•.•.•

Meredith is walking down the hallway. Izzie and Alex follow laughing and grinning at each other. Cristina and Evi follows those two with George lagging behind. George purposely drops his pen in front of Cristina and Evi to stop their walking. He picks it up.