3.16

"Meredith!" Evi shouts as she sees Meredith head appear above the water.

Evi quickly pulls her jacket off and jumps in the water just as Meredith goes back under water.

Evi dives down and swims to catch Meredith's hand.

"What? It's ok. Just think. Where is she? Which way did she go? It's ok. Take your time. Take all the time you need, you're doing great. What is it?" Derek asks Lisa up on the dock.

Lisa spots a red cross sign and walks toward it. "Good." They stop on the dock. Lisa stares out into the water.

"Ok, use your words. Where exactly is Meredith." She points into the water and Derek looks terrified.

Meanwhile in the water Evi continues to swim down trying to catch Meredith, while slowly running out of breath.

She swims a little further and stretches her hand out to grab Meredith's.

She starts to swim towards the surface as fast as she can with Meredith's hand in hers.

Just as her vision goes black she sees another figure jump into the water.

Lisa is standing on the dock staring into the water when a coast guard officer walks up. "Hey kid! Kid! You ok? You need to come with me. Kid?" He picks Lisa up and starts to carry her away.

As he walks away Derek emerges from the water coughing with a very blue and very, very lifeless Meredith in his arms. He places her on the dock and reaches back down and grabs Evi out of the water.

•.•

The ambulance with Derek and Meredith arrive and Evi's right behind theirs.

Bailey is in the ambulance bay to get them. "What do we got?"

"Jane Doe's, hypothermic, drowning." The paramedic says unloading the gurneys.

"They're not Jane Doe, it's Meredith Grey. It's Meredith and Evi." Derek corrects.

"Derek! Derek, Derek, how long have they been down?" Bailey asks.

"I don't know. She's alive they're both alive." Derek says.

"Derek!" Bailey exclaims.

"She's alive."

"Ok, look. I need you to help me get them inside." Bailey says. "Clear a trauma bay, stat! Move it!"

•.•

"They put a 20 gauge IV in but I think it blew." Derek says.

"I'll start a central line but you have to get out of the way." Bailey says.

"We put 3 milligrams of epi down the ET tube..."

"Derek!" Bailey exclaims.

"...this was three minutes ago we should push..."

Richard enters. "Shepherd, get out!"

"I think we should push just one atropine...I think I saw some reactivity in the pupils before the atropine and I think...she might have actually had some cardiac..."

"Shepherd, get out!"

"We need to put an external pacer on just to be sure."

"We need to save her life. You can't do this, we need to do this. Now go! Go." Richard instructs him.

Derek goes in the hall. "Ok, she has a new 18 gauge in her left AC push 1 of epi through it." Bailey says.

•.•