1.7

Ok, anyone who says you can sleep when you die, tell them to come talk to me after a few months as an intern. Of course, it's not just the job that keeps us up all night.

Evi awakens at the crack of dawn. She groans and presses the alarm on her phone. She looks at the time; 5:20 AM. She groans, rolling out of the bed.

"You get any sleep?" Evi asks as she stumbles down the stairs.

"Oh, she could oil the bedsprings as a courtesy or at least buy a padded headboard." Izzie says handing Evi a mug of coffee.

"So who's the guy?" George asks.

"You think it was just one guy doing all that work?" Evi asks George.

"Yeah, do you mind if I don't think about that?"

"Oh, jealous?" Izzie teases.

"I'm not jealous."

"Well, I am. But at least I know she'll be having a long day at work."

They hear someone trying to leave out of the door so the trio cram their neck and are shocked when they see it was the neuro attending.

"Well, at least we know brain surgery isn't his only skill." Evi snorts playing clueless.

"They can't be...He's her boss." George points out.

"We're late. He's all of our boss. You know she has been scrubbing in a lot lately on his surgeries." Izzie says.

"No, Meredith wouldn't sleep with him just to...No." George denies.

"Well, if she's not ashamed of it, why is she keeping it a secret?" Evi asks.

"Maybe she didn't. Maybe it just happened You know, spontaneously, last night."

Meredith enters kitchen. "Hi. Good morning."

"Morning. Hey, so it sounded like you were having some pretty radical sex last night, all night long. Who was the guy?" Evi smiles.

"no one you know." Meredith says sending her a look.

"We're late. Let's go." She ushers them out of the door.

I mean, if life's so hard already, why do we bring more trouble down on ourselves? What's up with the need to hit the self-destruct button?

•.•.•.•.•

"Yikes, wouldn't want to meet you in a dark alley." Evi teases Cristina.

"Right back at ya."

Alex jogs up to the group.

"A run? You run?" Izzie says in disbelief.

"Every day, babe, every day."

"Not suffering enough?" Meredith asks.

"What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger."

"Don't go acting all indefatigable. You're dragging like the rest of us. Oh, what is that, professional weakness, Dr. Yang?"

"It's called the flu."

"Yeah."

The interns enter the locker room.

"I'm gonna need a major rush to make it through this day. I need a kick-ass surgery." George says.

"Ooh, you a bad boy last night, George?" Alex asks.

"That would be Meredith."

"You a bad boy, Meredith?"

"Do tell."