3.15

Meredith, Evi and Cristina are in the locker room getting ready for the start of their shift. Meredith looks angry and irritated. Cristina on the other hand is smiling.

"What?" Meredith asks.

"Nothing." Cristina says.

Cristina looks disappointed that Meredith isn't happy. She is still smiling.

"Why are you smiling like that?" Evi asks Cristina.

"Nothing." She says.

"What?" Meredith asks again.

"Ok, cranky. Forget it."

"Am I the only one that thinks this triage test is a waste of time? There's a patistoplasty on the board. I had Sloan all prepped to let me scrub in." Alex complains.

"George, hey." Izzie says.

"Hey."

"How's it going?" Izzie asks.

"Good."

"You like living in a hotel?" She asks.

"Yeah. It's good."

"Cause your rooms still there. Next to mine." Izzie says.

"Aw, Izzie."

"I'm just saying. If you don't like...the hotel, you can always just move right back in." Izzie clarifies.

"You think I'm this boy that you need to save, I get that, but...And it would be sweet, if it weren't so condescending." George says.

"Seriously is it too much to ask to be performing actual surgeries? We are actual surgeons." Alex whines.

"Triage is apart of being a surgeon." Evi says to Alex.

Cristina is still smiling. "What?" Meredith asks.

"Nothing."

•.•

In the clinic, Sydney is laying in bed acting like a patient.

"A lot of arm swelling but good distal pulses so...we can rule out compartment syndrome. I suspect a radius fracture so I'd splint and get an ortho follow up." Izzie says.

"Anything else?" Bailey asks.

"No." Izzie confirms.

"Okay, then I guess this means-"

"Time." Callie calls.

"And I'm dead." Sydney says.

"Dead?" Izzie asks.

Sydney pretends to die. "You sent her home. The bone punctured through her skin." Bailey says.

"Yeah, but she had multiple wounds and...abrasions." Izzie says.

"A puncture over a break is an open fracture until proven otherwise. Yeah, I got septic and I died at home, thanks to you." Sydney says.

"Whatever."

"Not whatever to minor dead puncture wound that's not guy." Sydney says.

"You have to be quick and thorough while using your instincts. You can't be fooled by what your eyes see. If you assess wrong, your patient could die while waiting for treatment. Karev, you're next."

"Just think, Izzie already killed her, you can't do more damage than that." Evi says.

"People, triage is one of the most important tools a doctor has. In a real emergent scenario, you'll have only minutes..." Bailey says.