3.10

"Maybe she'll be on "look but don't touch" patrol too. At least I'll have some company." Izzie says.

All the interns; minus Cristina were in the locker room.

"Whatever she gets I hope its bad. Really bad." Alex says.

"She made a mistake, we all make..." Meredith says.

"A mistake? She was going to let Burke, Burke with the shaky hand operate on my father." George cuts her off.

Christina walks in. "Could you stop looking at me like that? It's creepy, and makes you look like you haven't been fed."

Everyone leaves except Meredith, Evi and Christina.

"So how's it going?" Evi asks.

"How's what going?" Cristina asks.

"You and Burke? Are you okay?" Evi clarifies.

"We're existing in total silence." Cristina says.

"He's not speaking to you?" Meredith asks.

"Well I'm not speaking to him either."

"I'm sorry. Are you okay?"

"Stop asking okay?"

"Making an effort here."

"Well don't."

"Rounds started 30 seconds ago. The chief may be confused about punishment for you but I'm not. You late again, you will find yourself another resident." Bailey reprimands the three of them.

•.•

"Hi mom." George says once they enter his father's room.

"Honey...oh. I put out some breakfast in case you kids were hungry." Mrs. O'Malley says.

"Score!" Alex says reaching for some food.

"Karev." Bailey says before he could touch it.

"Hey, ready for the big day pops?" Ron asks.

"Food!" Jerry says. They lunge for the food.

"Alright lets make this fast people. I have a day. Which one of the interns is mine?" Hahn asks entering the room.

"It's mine. He's family and she's a candy striper." Alex says.

Evi furrows her brows. "What about me?" Evi asks confused.

"I'm ready." Izzie says.

"What if you did pick me. What if you picked me?" George asks.

"OHH Pick me!" Ron and Jerry chant.

"Guys, this is serious." George says.

"Yang." Bailey decides.

"What?" They all chorus.

"Dr. Hahn, Christina is very good with cardio. I'm sure you could use her for the day. What are you waiting for Yang, present the case." Bailey says.

"Harold O'Malley, sixty three, diagnosed with oesophagial cancer and severe aortic regurge. Is scheduled for aortic valve replacement this afternoon." Cristina presents.

•.•

"Dude that case was mine and she gives it to yang. I haven't had a cardiac case in ages." Alex complains as the remaining interns follow Bailey.

"It's not a case it's my father." George says.

"So there's a double standard. Yang does something wrong, and she gets rewarded. That's fair." Izzie adds.