2.20

Bailey is dressed for work but still carrying her baby. George is walking beside her up some stairs with Cristina, Meredith, Evi and Izzie lagging behind.

"What happened to George's hair? Is he having a nervous breakdown?" Evi asks.

"Burke says he's got issues. Uh you should see them together. Like doing things, like running ... and cooking and talking. They're like bonding." Cristina says.

"And you're afraid that Burke will realize he makes a better girlfriend than you?" Izzie asks. Cristina doesn't answer. Izzie nods.

"You know Meredith just go and apologize to him." Cristina says.

"I've tried!" Meredith exclaims.

"Try again. Things can't stay like this. They suck like this." Izzie says.

They're now walking a hallway and Alex runs up to catch up with them. "What's up with O'Malley's hair? He looks like a hobbit."

"He's just trying a new look." Evi says.

"You never called me back last night. You avoiding me?" Alex asks Izzie

"Why would I be avoiding you?" Izzie asks.

•.•

The group were Denny's patient room.

"Denny Duquette. Age 36-" Izzie starts.

"37 in 3 weeks." Denny says.

Izzie smiles. "37 in 3 weeks. He's having difficulty breathing and chest pains."

"Breath sounds?" Burke asks.

"Still a little junky. He has a build up fluid in his system." Izzie says.

"Hey did you just call me a junkie?" Denny says. Izzie tries not to smile shaking her head. "That's not very nice."

"Denny, you're congestive heart failure is getting worse despite the meds." Burke says. Denny nods. "Alright so how do we proceed?"

"Doctors how do we proceed?" Burke asks. Izzie moves to answer but Alex beats her to it. "Titrate up his nitrate drip and continue with diuretics plus-" Izzie interrupts. "ACE-inhibitors, Beta-blockers and start dobutamine."

"I also want his ins and outs recorded and one of you monitoring him at all times." Burke says.

Izzie immediately puts up her hand. "I'll stay."

"Me too." Alex says. He pushes past the others to stand next to Izzie.

•.•.•

The Group is walking down a hallway. Bailey's pager goes off and her baby is crying.

"Uh ER needs a consult." Bailey says.

"Uh O'Malley, Grey why don't you go and take that?" Addison says.

"What about Mrs. Gibson?" Meredith asks.

"I'll take care of Mrs. Gibson."

Meredith starts walking away.

"Uh they really need both us?" George asks.

"I'll guess you'll find out. Go!" Addison ushers. George walks off and they continue walking down the hallway. Richard notices them a few feet away.

"Are you taking him to the nursery?" Addison asks.

"Ah it's full and Tucker's out of town until tomorrow." Bailey says. Richard walks up to them. "You brought your baby to work?"

Evi takes Will from Bailey and tries to calm him down. "Uh yes Chief."

"You're not going to take him into surgery with you?"