3.02

At any moment, the brain has 14 billion neurons firing at a speed of 450 miles per hour. We don't have control over most of them. When we get a chill, goosebumps. When we get excited, adrenaline. The body naturally follows it's impulses, which I think is part of what makes it so hard for us to control ours.

"Holy mother of muffins." Evi gawks as she walks into the kitchen.

Izzie was in the kitchen, surrounded by dozens of muffins.

"That's enough muffins. We don't need all these. No more muffins." Izzie says.

"No more muffins." Evi agrees.

Izzie goes to make another batch.

Of course, sometimes we have impulses we'd rather not control.

•.•

"The kitchen is full of muffins." Evi whispers into the phone to Meredith.

"Muffins?" She asks.

"Yes! Muffins- they're everywhere and they are good- and when one muffin leaves two takes it place." Evi says peaking into the kitchen at Izzie.

"You've gotta talk to Bailey." Evi whispers sliding down on the wall.

"We tried it's not working." Meredith says.

"Well try again!" Evi says before hanging up.

•.•

"A tree?" Evi asks Cristina over the phone.

"A tree." She confirms.

"How- how did he get a tree in his body." Evi asks eating another muffin.

"Car crash—it's actually pretty cool." Cristina says.

"Of course it is! It's a tree in his body!" Evi says. "I wish I could work. But instead I'm babysitting Izzie and recovering from being shot," Evi pouts.

"Enough about the tree- His mother rivals his mother. And that is saying something." Cristina says putting the phone on speaker for Meredith and George to hear.

"They're operating around it?" George asks.

"Both dark and evil. You're blocking my view George." Cristina says.

"I want to see the tree." Evi pouts.

"I miss dirty stripper Christina. She was fun. A lot less angry." Meredith says. Evi laughs.

"Send me a picture of the tree." Evi says.

"Next time I see her, if she even looks at me sideways, I'm telling her what I think. She wants to call me racist?" Cristina rants, snapping a picture of the tree for Evi.

"What?" Evi asks.

"I'll call her sexist. Change my career after I'm married? What is this, 1953? She comes at me, I'm going there." Cristina finishes.

"I think you should." Evi says eating another muffin. She takes a look at the picture. "Damn!"

"I think we all should just go there. You know, tell the truth. Spit it out. Go with your gut. Follow your instincts." Meredith says.

"I miss philandering whore Meredith. She was trashy and much less ldyllic." Cristina says. Evi giggles.

"Do women have two sets of panties? You know, ones they wear for different occasions?" George questions.

"I made a choice. I'm picking Derek. Finn is great. But Derek...is Derek. And I'm following my gut." Meredith says.

"No! Pick Finn! Finn isn't married and he has plans!" Evi shouts through the phone.