1.5

Remember when you were a kid and your biggest worry was, like, if you'd get a bike for your birthday, or if you get to eat cookies for breakfast. Being an adult? Totally overrated. I mean, seriously, don't be fooled by all the hot shoes and the great sex and the no parents anywhere telling you to do. Adulthood is responsibility.

Responsibility, it really does suck.

Really, really sucks.

"I wish I could hold a heart." George says.

"Me too." Evi says with a frown.

"A monkey could hold a heart." Cristina says back.

"You're mad Burke didn't ask you." Evi states.

"George, I need more ice and chips." Izzie says with a notepad in her hand.

"Who else did you invite?" George asks.

"Izzie, we said the list was jocks only." Cristina scolds.

"Surgery, Trauma, Plastics. Who else?" Evi lists off.

"Just some people from Peds."

"You invited the preschoolers to Meredith's house. The next thing you'll say is you invited the shrinks."

Izzie looks away from the group.

"She invited mental defects." Evi says.

"This party's D.O.A." Cristina says.

"You know, Meredith thinks this is just going to be a little, small, meet-your-boyfriend cocktail thing. Did you clear this with her?" George asks.

"No, but I will."

George and Cristina give her a look. "I promise."

"Why are you wasting the only weekend your boyfriend is in town on a big party? Is he bad in bed?" Evi asks.

Izzie chuckles "No. I just want him to meet some of my friends."

"Right." Evi says.

"Sixty geeks in scrubs are your friends." Cristina says as her pager beeps. "Bad sex, sucks for you."

"I heard there was a party tonight at Meredith's house." Alex says once he walks in.

"Oh really, party?" Cristina says.

"Uh, news to me." Izzie continues.

"No party." George says.

Alex looks towards Evi. "I haven't heard of any party." She says.

"Are we losing her or what?" He says looking down into the OR.

•.•

"What do you see, Evi?" Bailey asks her as they stand in a hospital room.

"Hyper-inflated lungs, clouded with bullae, seriously diminished capacity. She must be having trouble breathing." She says.

"Course of action?"

"A bullectomy procedure, remove the bullae, reduce the pressure."

"Says here we operated on her back in '99, so Mrs. Drake as been through this before, but talk her through it anyway. And resist the anti-smoking lecture, she feels bad enough already." Webber says.

"The surgery before was supposed to help, but it...it never felt right." Mrs. Drake tells Evi as she takes off her glasses.

"Probably would have been a good idea to quit smoking." Evi says softly.

"I did! Four pack a day habit. Oh, it was hell."

"Here you go, Mrs. Drake." The nurse says as she hands her a blanket.