3.08

"Today is the day people. Today is the day when dark and twisty Meredith disappears forever. And bright and shiny Meredith takes her place. You're probably not going to want to be friends with me anymore cause the sheer intensity of my happiness will make your teeth hurt. That's okay, 'cause life is good. Life is good." Meredith says entering the locker room. "What's going on?" She asks after seeing everyone is gathered around George.

"George's dad was admitted last night." Evi fills her in.

"Oh my God, is he okay?" Meredith asks.

"He's fine." George says.

"He passed out, hit the floor and fractured his clavicle." Evi lists off.

"His clavicle is fine. Callie said... she said it's fine." George insists.

"Are those his AM labs?" Meredith asks approaching the group.

"Complaining of severe abdominal pain." Alex says.

"He doesn't have peritoneal signs, that's good." Cristina comments.

"Has anybody seen..." Bailey enters the locker room.

"I was just looking at it." George says quickly.

"Don't you think me reading it is more important than you reading it?"

0Sure. Fine. He's going to be fine."

"You're on SCUT today. You'll be distracted."

"No I wont..."

"Family members do not treat family members. SCUT."

"I'm scrubbing in on a surgery with Dr. Burke this morning." Cristina says.

"Of course you are. Karev, Sloan. Grey, Jensen pit. Stephens shadow Karev. And let me remind you again of the rules of your probation." Bailey says.

"I think she knows the rules Dr. Bailey." Alex says.

Bailey continues anyway. "No touching patients, no talking to patients, no rolling your eyes at patients...or your superiors."

•.•

"What do we have?" Bailey asks at the ambulance bay.

"Mia Hanson. 5 year old female, crush injury to the abdomen. Blunt trauma to the head. Her BP is 90/60. Pulse is 110." The EMT says.

"How was she injured?" Derek asks.

"Backed over by her mom's SUV."

"She's uh... her blood type is A- and she's allergic to penicillin and wheat... I'm so sorry Mia, I am so sorry baby." Anna, Mia's nanny says.

"Has she had anything to eat today?" Evi asks.

"Um cereal this morning around 6:30." Anna says.

"Okay, Mrs. Hanson, we're going to take care of your daughter." Evi says.

"I'm Mrs. Hanson, Mia is my child. Anna is just the nanny who ran over my daughter."

•••

"I'm going to examine your neck okay?" Derek tells Mia in a exam room.

"It's okay Mia, my name is Meredith. And Dr. Shepherd, Dr. Jensen and Dr. Bailey are just trying to see where you're hurt." Meredith says.

"What happened?" Mr. Hansen asks.

"She ran over Mia in the drive way." Ms. Hansen says.

"She what?" Mr. Hansen gapes.

"She wasn't supposed to be in the driveway...Mrs. Hanson told me to go get some milk and i...i didn't see her." Anna stammers.