2.5

Pain comes in all forms. The small twinge, a bit of soreness, the random pain. The normal pains we live with every day.

Fletcher collapses on the bed beside Evi, both of them panting hard.

"What does this mean?" He asks after a moment.

Evi doesn't respond. Instead she looks over at him and kisses him, before rolling off of the bed and pulling her clothes back on.

Then there's the kind of pain you can't ignore. A level of pain so great that it blocks out everything else.

She moves towards his living room.

"Eve!" He calls out following her.

She goes into his fridge and takes a water bottle, drinking from it.

"Let's try us, again." She says turning around.

Makes the rest of the world fade away. How we manage our pain is up to us.

•.•

Pain. We anaesthetize...ride it out, embrace it, ignore it...

And for some of us, the best way to manage pain is to just push through it.

Evi catches up with Cristina outside the hospital. They both scurry inside soaking wet.

"You're dripping." Bailey says to Cristina and Evi as they rush through the locker room door.

"I'm back. I just wanna make that clear. I'm back. I'm ready to work." Cristina states.

Addison walks up. "Has any one seen Dr. Shepherd, this morning?"

"His name is on the OR board. He should be here somewhere." Bailey says and Addison walks off.

"I'm good. I'm ready to scrub in. I'm 100% on top of my game." Cristina continues.

Evi changes into her scrubs.

"You just got discharged. Pace your self."

"I'm paced. I'm paced."

"Mmm hmm. Rounds people."

They start walking out. Meredith stops Evi.

"Where were you last night?" She asks.

Evi laughs nervously. "Uh."

Meredith squints her eyes.

"Fine, I was at Fletchers."

Meredith widens her eyes.

"You're husbands house?" She asks in disbelief.

"Yeah- we're starting over okay?" Evi says, moving down the hall.

"At least bring him over." Meredith says, as they join the group for rounds.

•.•.•

"Dr. Bailey. Henry Lamott, age 42, is scheduled with Dr. Shepherd for a spinal implant..." Evi presents and Mr. Lamott turns up the volume of the T.V.

"....to control the pain of his herniated disc. Is allergic to all pain medication..." Evi trails off getting distracted by the T.V.

Everyone stares at the screen. "Is that-?"
Cristina starts.

"Porn." Mrs. Lamott says.

"porn?" Bailey asks. She looks up at the TV. "As in porn?!?!"

"All right. What are we watching?" Alex says.

"Karev! Go stand in the hall." Alex goes outside.

"Uh, Mr. & Mrs. Lamott, I'm sure you are really nice people, and what you do in the privacy of your own ... Look, we can't have p0rn in here. This is a hospital." Bailey lectures.