1.8

You know how when you were a kid and you believed in fairy tales? That fantasy of what your life would be. White dress, Prince Charming, Who'd carry you away to a castle on a hill. You'd lie in bed at night and close your eyes, and you had complete and utter faith.

"Eight hours, 16 ounces of chocolate, and 32 cupcakes, and they still don't taste right." Izzie sighs.

"No, these are good. Martha Stewart would be proud." George says while eating a cupcake.

"Yeah, look where it got her." Izzie responds to George.

"Yeah, no. These are amazing." Evi says taking a second cupcake.

Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, Prince Charming, they were so close, you could taste them.

"There's something missing, some specific ingredient. Why can't I remember?" She questions out loud.

But eventually, you grow up. One day you open your eyes, and the fairy tale disappears.

"Look, just call her. Call your mother and ask." Evi demands.

Most people turn to the things and people they can trust.

"I don't want to call my mother."

But the thing is, it's hard to let go of that fairy tale entirely. Cause almost everyone still has that smallest bit of hope, of faith, that one day they'll open their eyes and it will all come true.

•.•.•.•

"This guy belongs in Psych. What are you doing turfing him here?" Evi asks as she, Meredith and Cristina look at X-rays.

"He's my gift to you. Had a seizure two days ago and another one this morning." The psych doctor says.

"What are you talking about? It says right here, 'He talks to dead people, his family things he's dangerous. They had him committed.' That's Psych, not Neuro." Meredith reads off.

"Man, didn't you go to med school?" Cristina jeers.

"Yes, and unlike the correspondence school you attended-" the doctor says. Evi scoffs.

"Oh, that would be Stanford, right?" Cristina shoots back.

"I learned not to jump to conclusions. Sorry, ladies. We can't take him back until he's cleared."

"So, you're dumping him on us?" Evi says in disbelief.

"He thinks his seizures are visions."

"Hello! They're not seizures. I'm psychic."

"Of course you are, and I'm a chicken." Cristina says to the man before looking towards the psych doctor. "Hey, genius-"

"Ok, Mr. Duff. We're gonna start our workup now." Meredith cuts her off.

"Work me up, work me down, I'm telling you it's a waste of time."

"Ok, well, humor us. Can you grip my fingers, please?" Evi asks.

He appears to go into a trance.

"Cristina." Evi says alarmed.

"Mr. Duff?" She asks.

"Mr. Duff, are you ok?" Evi asks.

"Someone..."

"Someone what?" Meredith asks.

"Someone's gonna check out. Bye-bye." He says making Evi huff.

"Oh, man, he's nuts." Cristina says.